Cooking Course In Bsars?

mariano-BCN

Registered
In my late 40's I would like to improve my skills in the kitchen: better too late than never. I'm vegetarian but I'm open for any short, practical course to learn cooking.
Thanks!

if you like indian, try the relatively inexpensive course at the Hare Krishna restaurant in Colegiales!!
I took a short-course at Colegio Gato Dumas (one of the top culinary schools in the city) which was called "Cooking for your friends' but was more like, food you would find in a restaurant but never make at home because it's too complicated. All of the culinary schools have short courses usually 1 month in length. Also there is a school in Soho/Villa Crespo which teaches vegetarian/vegan recipes called "Viento Ligero", also you can take classes with Dan Perlman from Casa Saltshaker; if you want private lessons it's the same cost as one of his regular classes but with a minimum of 2 people required. !!!

Do you mind telling us how much Dan charged for his classes? Either here or by PM...thanks.

I'm a quite good cooker, but I wanted to perfect myself so I took classes at http://www.gatodumas.com.ar/ with Olivier Falchi (Chef of the restaurant Le Sud at the Sofitel = one of the best BA restaurants).
It was a great experience.

It was 2 years ago, and I had paid close to 1000 pesos for 1 month class (about 3 hours per week if I recall).

This school offers many different classes (sushi, mexican, pastry, etc.). Expect your peers to be mainly professionals (they come here to progress even more).

Dan quoted me 250 per person but that was a few months ago so maybe it went up since then. Gato Dumas has 1-time classes in things like Sushi, Peruvian, 'Light' etc... could be worth a shot if it's something specific that you're after.

does any of you know about good Thai food classes?

does any of you know about good Thai food classes?

Cocina Sunae (AMAZING southeast asian closed door restaurant in Villa Ortuzar/Colegiales) gives cooking classes! It won't all be thai because she also cooks malaysian, vietnamese and philippino, but I went to her restaurant one night and had the most amazing tom ka gay (coconut milk w/ chicken) soup and pad thai noodles. I just found out they have classes from an old cooking classes directory/article that i found. I emailed them and they said she'd start again with classes in the new year!!!! Google them and send an email to let them know you wanna be notified. Otherwise you could try the thai restaurants and maybe if you don't find any formal classes, proposition a chef or owner for private classes.... here's a recent list from the argy independent with the list ,I've been to 4 out of 5 and they are all excellent... Lotus Neo Thai being the best of the non-puerta cerrada. http://www.argentinaindependent.com/life-style/food-drink/top-5-southeast-asian-restaurants-in-ba/

Back