Corona Virus May Hit Argentina Hard

When will Argentina see its first Corona Virus case?

• This week

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • This month (January)

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • After January

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Never

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters
The sad part of folks casually throwing out the racist accusation is that it causes people to ignore real instances of racism. We've become desensitized to the word 'racism' because ignorant people use it as a way to end debate.
And/or attract attention to themselves and glean a few likes on boards like this...from members who may not have taken the time to fully grasp the actual meaning of the original post.

And/or attract attention to themselves and glean a few likes on boards like this...from members who may not have taken the time to fully grasp the actual meaning of the original post...

......after another member read something into it that simply wasn't there.

I also subscribe to this channel:

The host has been talking about impending food shortages for several years as the Grand Solar Minimum approaches, noting that grand solar minimums have historically led to massive cold weather crop losses and, in other videos, pandemics which have killed hundreds of millions.

The last Grand Solar Minimum, is known as The Little Ice Age, during which The Black Plague killed about 30% of the population of Europe...after being imported from Asia.

PS: I hope no one call me a racist for mentioning the Black Plague or mentioning where it came from.

Before everyone freaks out and lose their shit, let's try to put things in perspective.

In 2018, 80,000 people in the US died from the Flu

That averages about 220 people killed PER DAY, in the US alone. This so called pandemic coming from China has caused less harm in two months than the seasonal flu does in a few hours during peak season.
So my advice those those freaking out is....chill.

I just returned from Asia. Half the passengers looked to be Chinese, all of who were coughing and sneezing constantly. Fortunately they covered their mouths with their hands so as to not spread the germs.

My wife and I like to avoid illness, ie: we wipe down our seats and tray tables at the beginning of every flight and often use hand sanitizer during each flight. On this flight, surrounded, for 16 hours by constant coughs and sneezes it sounded like we were in an echo chamber. I would have jumped if I had a parachute.

We were on Qatar Airlines, I really wish they had done some screening in the boarding area. Some of the passengers were very sick.

There's probably little chance that any of them had the coronavirus, but 400 flu and cold germ factories landed EZE.

Since the Chinese are often employed in grocery stores, I intend to be very germ conscious when I shop for awhile.

Last edited:
Before everyone freaks out and lose their shit, let's try to put things in perspective.

In 2018, 80,000 people in the US died from the Flu

That averages about 220 people killed PER DAY, in the US alone. This so called pandemic coming from China has caused less harm in two months than the seasonal flu does in a few hours during peak season.
So my advice those those freaking out is....chill.
Market hype....something has to fill the lame news cycle. Do you want to hear about this or those 2 wenches, sol peres fighting with monica farro? I quickly tune out both "exclusivo" items. Or perhaps nonstop coverage of minor traffic accidents in BS AS?

And/or attract attention to themselves and glean a few likes on boards like this...from members who may not have taken the time to fully grasp the actual meaning of the original post.

And/or attract attention to themselves and glean a few likes on boards like this...from members who may not have taken the time to fully grasp the actual meaning of the original post...

IMHO the original article was discriminatory, at least ,to single out an ethnic Group as potential carriers of the Corona virus to Argentina. Thus maybe endangering their business viability in Argentina.

If a Virus erupts in Sicily one can point out that many many Argentinian business owners originate from Sicily, Hence possibility of spreading contagion may exist?
Market hype....something has to fill the lame news cycle. Do you want to hear about this or those 2 wenches, sol peres fighting with monica farro? I quickly tune out both "exclusivo" items. Or perhaps nonstop coverage of minor traffic accidents in BS AS?

Sol Perez and Monica Farro Mud fights... what Channel?

IMHO the original article was discriminatory, at least ,to single out an ethnic Group as potential carriers of the Corona virus to Argentina. Thus maybe endangering their business viability in Argentina.

If a Virus erupts in Sicily one can point out that many many Argentinian business owners originate from Sicily, Hence possibility of spreading contagion may exist?

The original post did NOT single out an ethnic group. It didn't suggest in any shape or form that all Chinese are potential carriers. It made specific reference to Chinese from a particular area of China were the virus originated. The whole point of the post was on the connection of where the virus originated. If Chinese in Argentina are from this area they are more likely to travel back and forth to their home to visit relatives especially during Chinese New Years.

The only way I can explain the logic of your post is that you assume that once Chinese come to Argentina they never go back to their homeland to visit friends and relatives and friends and relatives don't visit them and ongoing immigration from that area ceased decades ago like is the case with Sicilians coming from Italy. Since most of these immigrants from Fujian province are recent immigrants that assumption is extremely dubious - IMHO. I even reference the source material discussing recent Chinese immigration from Fujian. Did you even read that before you casually started throwing out racists insults?

It truly sad that the level of intellectual discourse has sunk so low that people retreat to throwing out "You're a Racist" because of their inability to argue an issue on the merits.

Throwing out "You're a RACIST" insult, even if totally unfounded, does garner a lot of likes. Trolling for likes is perhaps an illness even more contagious than the Corona Virus. Just because it is a Mental Illness does not make it any less serious: https://www.cosmopolitan.com/uk/reports/a9931660/psychology-social-media-likes-mental-health-issues/

Back