Corona Virus May Hit Argentina Hard

When will Argentina see its first Corona Virus case?

• This week

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • This month (January)

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • After January

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Never

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters
The issue with Wuhan is because it is in the middle of China.
It is true that most of the Chinese immigrants are from Fujian.
However, it is not true that The province of Fujian limits with the province where the city of Wuhan is, there is another Province in between.
There was detected only 1 case in Fujian from a person who came from Wuhan.
However, the problem with Wuhan and this Corona Virus are not Chinese because people from Wuhan do not emigrate like people from Fujian do. The risk are Americans because it is full of American at University (the city is full of Universities) busissness and tourism. So, Europeans and Americans coming back are the real risk.
Wuhan is a first line city like Beijing while Fujian is one of the most poor provinces in China, that is why they emigrate.
However, half of the population of Wuhan left home in other places in China for the new year, about 5 million people.
This was explained to me by my wife who is Chinese.

N95 masks are selling out in the US and in Asia:

"virus masks and hand sanitizers were in short supply across China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Macao, Japan, South Korea, and other regional countries."

Some people may think this is anti-Asian racism but I think it has more to do with the proximity of the virus outbreak. Also this phenomenon is occurring in the US as well. It would be interesting to know if this is also occurring in Argentina. Just because a phenomenon is occurring in one geographical area doesn't make it racist.

I did a quick search on MercadoLibre and the masks are still available in Argentina - but this may be because the data hasn't been updated because it's Sunday. Note: This is not saying Argentines are better or worse because the masks are still available here, it's just a statement of fact. Not every phenomena is an example of racism: https://articulo.mercadolibre.com.a...cking_id=35a30c7e-1bfa-41c9-9e78-9fa920d3d94f
My wife is in a kind of whatsapp group organizing a donation where thousands of local chinese put money in a pool, something that is happening all around the world because they are very organized, so I was calling the factories that produces locally masks N95 1860 and 1875, alike 3M that is the standard in the market.
They are very unexpensive (42 pesos each) but they work with almost no stock, maximum 450, and they delay about one week to re stock per 1000 units. I was calling in order to buy the whole stock thinking in no less than 100.000 units and it was very frustrating.
What you see in ML is useless, most of them.
I asked there and they offered maximum 450 but no discount at all for quantity even I discovered later his supplier (because the stock matched) and that they really cost 42 pesos.
There is a distributor I know just in front of Hospital de Clinicas and they offered me the same for 500 pesos each maximum one box of 10.
So, there is not a big stock. Now the fraud and going to compensate the lack of proper masks.

Discrimination in the form of singling out an ethnic group is racism. Are you saying that the original post was discriminatory but not racist?

As has been mentioned already you discriminated a particular Country/Nation, nationality. i.e Chinese.

Look what this has come to...! Fear of shopping at Grocery Stores, where Chinese are Employed ....? Rumors can hurt businesses and livelihoods?
I assume the local Chinese are likely to visit their homes and relatives in China, and receive their family and friends here, and it is plain common sense to minimize close contact with them for the time being. Nothing to do with race, just with the likelihood of them being carriers, having been in contact with sick people back home.

IMHO this corona virus thing is the Scare of the Month. Nothing sells papers like fear.

As has been mentioned already you discriminated a particular Country/Nation, nationality. i.e Chinese.
The virus originated in China. Are we supposed to pretend otherwise in order to be politically correct?

I'm more interested in the truth than in scoring 'likes'.

BTW: "discriminated a particular country/nation" is not grammatically/semantically correct. I think you meant to say "you discriminated against a particular country/nation" or more precisely "your post argument was discriminatory against Chinese". This would be correct semantically and grammatically but would be utter nonsense substantially as I have outlined in previous posts and which you have utterly failed to refute. I'm trying to give you some leeway since your first language is obviously not English but so far your arguments have been weak and non-responsive to the issues.

I understand they don't teach debate skills in Uni anymore, but try refuting some of the arguments I made in previous posts.

I mean something more substantive than "You're a RACIST!".

Last edited:
IMHO this corona virus thing is the Scare of the Month. Nothing sells papers like fear.
Most likely it is the scare of the month or I'd say scare of the year. This type of thing comes along every 3 or 4 years it seems.

These things will be the scare of the year until one of them isn't, like the Spanish Flu from 1918.

It would be prudent to get a good mask and eye protection for the worse case scenario.

Oh sh*t, now Rich is going to say I'm racist against Spaniards! Rich, I didn't name this flu! It was named that from decades before.

Flus are often named from their place of origin: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_flu

Last edited:
Nothing sells papers like fear.

Fear+Dune.jpg

Back