Corona Virus May Hit Argentina Hard

When will Argentina see its first Corona Virus case?

• This week

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • This month (January)

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • After January

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Never

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters
How long do you believe before Buenos Aires will be under quarantine now with 10 cases .
How many cases in the city before they restrict our movements?

Do you believe whomever is able to enforce a quaraintine in BA? Can´t trust anybody to pick up their noses properly.
Hope situation can be managed as business as usual, looking the other way and playing stupid. Otherwise we will all starve to death within a week.

Iz

Do you believe whomever is able to enforce a quaraintine in BA? Can´t trust anybody to pick up their noses properly.
Hope situation can be managed as business as usual, looking the other way and playing stupid. Otherwise we will all starve to death within a week.

Iz

I will be leaving Buenos Aires next week for three months as I have a very negative feeling. The best place to ride this out is somewhere very hot and isolated. I believe the corona virus is much more dangerous than dengue or any previous virus that has gone through the city of Buenos Aires.

Our health care system is collapsed by nature. Godspeed, perry.

Iz

Our health care system is collapsed by nature. Godspeed, perry.

Iz

Thank you ! For those who from the beginning have been underestimating this virus just look at Italy today. This is Argentina in 4 weeks and maybe worse as people are dirt poor due to the worse recesión in 50 years as well as a broken medical system.

[QUOTE = "perry, post: 381553, member: 506"]
How long do you believe before Buenos Aires will be under quarantine now with 10 cases.
[/ QUOTE]

I think it's likely to happen only after clear evidence of "community spreading" which iis impossible to blame on international travel or identifiable contact with another infected individual:

For example: a person (possibly an expat) who spends his / her days walking around Rcoleta and taking the bus to other areas of the city where additional cases of community spreading (will) have occurred, (such as San Telmo or La Boca) .

This one?

He was given a single test. The results arrived after his death 3 days later. This is the ninth case of confirmed coronavirus infection in Argentina.
No, that's not the report I was referring to when I first saw it in the initial TN news flash (on my cable TV channel).

[QUOTE = "perry, post: 381553, member: 506"]
How long do you believe before Buenos Aires will be under quarantine now with 10 cases.
[/ QUOTE]

I think it's likely to happen only after clear evidence of "community spreading" which iis impossible to blame on international travel or identifiable contact with another infected individual:

For example: a person (possibly an expat) who spends his / her days walking around Rcoleta and taking the bus to other areas of the city where additional cases of community spreading (will) have occurred, (such as San Telmo or La Boca) .

How long before milongas are closed ? I hope that this virus does not change the warm beautiful Argentinian culture of warm greetings and mate. It seems that this will be a relic of the past as going by Italy .

Here's a link to a world map showing the number of confirmed global cases/deaths/recoveries for each country. John Hopkins CDC dashboard
Coronavirus COVID-19 (2019-nCoV) As of 11:13 PM, March 7, 2020 it's showing 105,981 confirmed cases worldwide, 59,916 recovered and 3,586 deaths.

Back