Corona Virus May Hit Argentina Hard

When will Argentina see its first Corona Virus case?

• This week

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • This month (January)

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • After January

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Never

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters
Sat March 7th - 8.30pm First Corona death in Argentina.. 64yr old male:
"Un argentino de 64 años que había estado en Francia se convirtió hoy en el primer muerto por el nuevo coronavirus Covid-19 en la Argentina y en todo América Latina, confirmaron hoy a LA NACION fuentes sanitarias porteñas y desde el Instituto Malbrán. "

A diabetic who arrived back in the country showing NO SYMPTOMS until 3 days later. Apparently he tested negative 8x times before the final positive results.
https://www.lanacion.com.ar/socieda...to-coronavirus-argentina-hombre-63-nid2341027

Last edited:
Sat March 7th - 8.30pm First Corona death in Argentina.. 64yr old male: A diabetic who arrived back in the country showing NO SYMPTOMS until 3 days later. Apparently he tested negative 8x times before the final positive results.

Sensationalist.

PS: It looks like the "'final positive result" was actually a negative.

His death was the final negative.
Yes agreed, his death was a sadly a negative, my condolences to his family. Now, connecting the dots.......... my question is, if his final test results came back positive after he dies and after testing negative 8x times......did the authorities take precautions in case he did turn into a positive corona case? I suspect not.

Last edited:
Where do you get this from? People are lucky to get a single test.
Who would test him 8 times? You either have it or not.
I understand your opinion, to think of it, yes, would they have tested him for corona at least once or twice before the final 'positive for corona' test results came back? I wonder too. I should take a snap shot next time, the news flash on TN showed a report in text stating that the patient had, prior to his death been tested eight times , and all these came back negative. Now, if that report was wrong, I can't say. Did I misread the report? No, I saw it on the news report. Did the story change? I don't know. I did use the term "Apparently" cause I am always skeptical until further confirmation.

Last edited:
... the news flash on TN showed a report in text stating that the patient had, prior to his death been tested eight times , and all these came back negative. Now, if that report was wrong, I can't say. Did I misread the report?

This one?

Recién el 4 de marzo se presentó a la guardia del Hospital Argerich con insuficiencia respiratoria...Asimismo, realizaron el hisopado que se envió al panel virológico, inclusive coronavirus.
Finalmente, el estudio dio positivo para el COVID-19. Los resultados llegaron de forma oficial después de la muerte del paciente, es decir el noveno caso en la Argentina.

He was given a single test. The results arrived after his death 3 days later. This is the ninth case of confirmed coronavirus infection in Argentina.

How long do you believe before Buenos Aires will be under quarantine now with 10 cases .
How many cases in the city before they restrict our movements?

Here's a very information rich and useful article in English, for our situation in Argentina, including government officials addressing aspects of the Corona virus with advice. It includes a specific contact telephone number 107 (the SAME phone line) in case you or someone thinks to have symptoms for advice and specifically advises against going to an emergency room or hospital. All that and more here:

Back