Corona Virus May Hit Argentina Hard

When will Argentina see its first Corona Virus case?

• This week

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • This month (January)

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • After January

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Never

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters
This panicked sellout is mostly mass hysteria, in my not-so-humble opinion.

It is impossible to guess when the bottom is reached. The problem is that the markets often bounce back quickly, and those who sold at bargain prices have to buy again at premium prices.

We shall see. These are certainly interesting times.....!

There is a very good piece from inside Italian lock-down zone on the foolhardy behaviour of some Italians in regard to shopping and public gathering when there were public warnings. I have just been reliably told that a group of 30 Italians have just arrived in BA to dance tango, breaking the quarantine and worse that six of them were at a milonga event in Ferrara where there was a confirmed outbreak. This means that there is a fairly high prospect that one or more are carriers and that they will be infectious. I really like the Italian attitude to come se come sa but in this instance the consequences could be unnecessary infection of the large tango population from around the world with a good chance of multiple cross infections. Taking responsibility, I will probably avoid milongas for a while even though they are the friendliest places around.

If this is true...You can see now why I am prepped out to the teeth the virus does not concern me as much as ignorant fools without a conscience or common sense. Give a fool an inch and he will take a mile even if that means you have to put family in the ground because of the fools. Fools like the virus have no race and no boundaries they are like the virus a fact of nature.

This panicked sellout is mostly mass hysteria, in my not-so-humble opinion.

It is impossible to guess when the bottom is reached. The problem is that the markets often bounce back quickly, and those who sold at bargain prices have to buy again at premium prices.

We shall see. These are certainly interesting times.....!
That's how one can get killed by shorting the market. Market swings like crazy, you never know what comes out tomorrow. There are so big many speculators. If you really want to take advantage of the market, wait till everyone is desperate, like all the smaller players start to say" this is not investing, I want out, or I want to put my money in real estate". Unless you play with institution money (ie other people's money), gambling on the market as an individual is a total waste of your life (unless you do not have better things to do). Day trading is the worst can happen to an individual.

One day market looks hopeless, next day the short cover can crash your balls. Wall Street is very dirty, with many idiots who have not been hurt. When market fluctuates like this, it's pure gamble. Worse than Las Vegas. You have to wait and let the air come out, you may have missed an opportunity, but it's better than getting hurt. When market swing likes, it's like knife is flying all over you.

Last edited:
If this is true...You can see now why I am prepped out to the teeth the virus does not concern me as much as ignorant fools without a conscience or common sense. Give a fool an inch and he will take a mile even if that means you have to put family in the ground because of the fools. Fools like the virus have no race and no boundaries they are like the virus a fact of nature.
IMO you can't prep against other people being reckless and not taking responsibility. If political and moral leadership is there then the virus can be effectively contained. Sad to say that authoritarian measures as in China and reluctantly now other countries, seem to be necessary to get people to follow commonsense rules. The big problem with places like milongas in BA is that they are preponderantly older people in most (not all) milongas and that means they are vulnerable to pneumonic infections. I would favor requiring the Italians to leave asap given they didn't follow basic rules. Argentina probably needs vetting of such people (Italy, Iran as well as China) to control passage of people though with all the relatives from Italy it may be difficult.

IMO you can't prep against other people being reckless and not taking responsibility. If political and moral leadership is there then the virus can be effectively contained. Sad to say that authoritarian measures as in China and reluctantly now other countries, seem to be necessary to get people to follow commonsense rules. The big problem with places like milongas in BA is that they are preponderantly older people in most (not all) milongas and that means they are vulnerable to pneumonic infections. I would favor requiring the Italians to leave asap given they didn't follow basic rules. Argentina probably needs vetting of such people (Italy, Iran as well as China) to control passage of people though with all the relatives from Italy it may be difficult.

To a degree I would agree with you but as prepped sitting next to my pit fire enjoying a glass of wine with no need to go out side if it gets to that point. Knowing I have done all I can do and bail from civilization for a time and not go outside for months if that is needed even better. I do not see prepping as salvation I see it as buying time giving me the ability to be prepared to adjust to what may unfold while protecting loved ones from what may require time to protect them from.

There is more but time to unwind for now.

I would agree give this at least 3 months before even thinking about. Some companies with weak balance sheets and heavy debt could even end up out of the game before the rebound.

Agree with Pensador. Markets are headed down further. We're still at the denial phase. The markets haven't hit full panic mode yet, where people are worrying about their retirements.

Remember 2008 when Bear Sterns went down? Still took months for the whole thing to come crashing down. Banks and the government told us that Bear was an anomaly. The banks and economy were strong.

Agree with Pensador. Markets are headed down further. We're still at the denial phase. The markets haven't hit full panic mode yet, where people are worrying about their retirements.

Remember 2008 when Bear Sterns went down? Still took months for the whole thing to come crashing down. Banks and the government told us that Bear was an anomaly. The banks and economy were strong.
The trend is down, do not be fooled by the rebound. After election, it will be worse.

I was in Farmacia last week buying all kinds of antibiotics and more even a nebulizer and breathing meds.

Please be more specific regarding the "breathing" meds and "all kinds" of antibiotics.

I know about Bromhexina Clofedianol (aka jarabe anti-tos/cough syrup).

Would appreciate info on any others.

Last edited:
Please be more specific regarding the "breathing" meds and "all kinds" of antibiotics.

I know about Bromhexina Clofedianol (aka jarabe anti-tos/cough syrup).

Would appreciate info on any others.

I bought a nebulizer and albeuterol it is a sulfate that in short opens up your lungs. You can get puffer inhalers or use a nebulizer for this I prefer the nebulizer delivery method. Hopefully it wont be needed but it sure can make a differance in better of breathing if you have a pulmonary infection etc. Antibiotics Zithromax as it is a broad spectrum fairly heavy hitter and you take a 1000 mg dose that for me has knocked out things like sinus infactions effectively and quickly. I also bought a good amount of amoxicillin to have on hand, and a ton of ibuprofen. Also an asortment of bandages and taoe etc just in case they may be needed. the other stuff seems you know about that. Thinking about other things always thinking here about anything I may have over looked.

Here we go again. Reaction is overblown, keep buying stocks they say...

“In our view, however, the market has gone ahead and priced in too severe of an adverse scenario, assuming we get timely and strong counter-policy response and a COVID-19 outbreak that peaks in the coming weeks,” JPMorgan’s chief U.S. equity strategist Dubravko Lakos-Bujas said in a note to clients.

Back