Corona Virus May Hit Argentina Hard

When will Argentina see its first Corona Virus case?

• This week

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • This month (January)

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • After January

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Never

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters
Here we go again. Reaction is overblown, keep buying stocks they say...

“In our view, however, the market has gone ahead and priced in too severe of an adverse scenario, assuming we get timely and strong counter-policy response and a COVID-19 outbreak that peaks in the coming weeks,” JPMorgan’s chief U.S. equity strategist Dubravko Lakos-Bujas said in a note to clients.

That's what I heard. People(experts) believe that COVID-19 will peak in the coming weeks.

Returning from the world gyrating outside to life in Buenos Aires as we find it, there is good news from a locals point of view.
Per Wikipedia, while there are a total of 17 cases of infection reported in Argentina "As of 9 March, no case of local transmission had been reported."
All patients diagnosed with Covid-19 had previously travelled to countries with high numbers of confirmed cases. And the government appears to be interring those cases in small hospitals away from the crowded public hospitals.
The vibe on the street appears to be amiable and easy going. No panic.

After laying in a few servings of Locro, cuts of chicken, pork and canned tuna to reduce the need to go out, then finding a convenient for carrying around dispenser of a foamy chlorohexadine hand cleaner and an ample supply of pocket tissues at Farmacia Azul I've given up on single handedly bringing back the guantas trade at Once and also discovered with a google search that microwaving to death the virus on gloves and carry bags doesn't work. Also that the entry route for the virus in the human body is the nose, eyes and possibly ears, not the mouth (one less orifice to worry about).

Testing the 'on the go' kit while walking around Recoleta I found the small sized hand cleaner and tissues turns out to be very easy and practical 'on the go' solution. it's convenient and you can perform the protection ritual (sanitizing hand, wiping dry) discreetly and as often as needed. Then rubbing your nose or scratching your chin. Washing hand with soap and water again when you get home.
End.

and also discovered with a google search that microwaving to death the virus on gloves and carry bags doesn't work.

finally!

... then finding a convenient for carrying around dispenser of a foamy chlorohexadine hand cleaner and an ample supply of pocket tissues at Farmacia Azul I've given up on single handedly bringing back the guantas trade at Once

Chlorhexidine doesn't work either.

They conclude that agents, including hydrogen peroxide, ethanol, and sodium hypochlorite (a chemical in bleach), quickly and successfully inactivate coronaviruses.
and chlorhexidine digluconate, which people use as a topical antiseptic, was ineffective.

Per Wikipedia, while there are a total of 17 cases of infection reported in Argentina "As of 9 March, no case of local transmission had been reported."
All patients diagnosed with Covid-19 had previously travelled to countries with high numbers of confirmed cases. And the government appears to be interring those cases in small hospitals away from the crowded public hospitals.

Same goes for a 26 year old who had recently traveled to Spain. He and his girlfriend are now being treated (or at least monitored) in a private clinic in Bahia Blanca.

Un hombre de 26 años que había viajado a España quedó internado en una clínica privada de Bahía Blanca al igual que su novia. Ambos se convirtieron en los dos primeros casos sospechosos en la ciudad del sur bonaerense. El secretario de Salud de la comuna, Pablo Acrogliano, aseguró: "Ayer recibimos la primera notificación de coronavirus en el partido de Bahía Blanca".

About two hours ago a friend from Punta Alta called and told me a suspected case has been reported at the Naval Base there.

He didn't have any additional information about that case.

I then went directly to the local pharmacy (just as it was closing) and bought several of the meds Pensador wrote about in his post. I also bought two more bottles of hand sanitizing gel. The last time I bought any was in 2009 when I was still living in CF. I don't expect to have to use it very often, but I undoubtedly will after receiving and opening anything that I've bought on Mercado Libre (always delivered to my house).

PS: I was "listening" to a youtube video by Dr. John Campbell this afternoon that included a report abut a video recorded in a bus in which a person was believed to have been infected by another rider who was never closer than four and a half meters (the story is at the beginning of the video):

Last edited:
Sales in the Barrio Chino are down 50 %..!
A new word for your dictionary... Catorcena in place of Cuarentena..! Quarantine and Fourteentine .

Key researcher of Corona Virus smuggled by Chinese Biowarfare agents assassinated in Kenya..!

"In a very strange turn of events, renowned scientist Frank Plummer who received Saudi SARS Coronavirus sample and was working on Coronavirus (HIV) vaccine in the Winnipeg based Canadian lab from where the virus was smuggled by Chinese Biowarfare agents and weaponized as revealed in GreatGameIndia investigation, has died in mysterious conditions. Frank Plummer was the key to the Chinese Biological Espionage case at Winnipeg’s National Microbiology Laboratory."

Maybe Dean Koontz knew something

1583893137403.png

14 day home quarantine required for those returning from the USA. Not sure how they'll enforce it or prevent tourists from roaming about. Story on lanacion

14 day home quarantine required for those returning from the USA. Not sure how they'll enforce it or prevent tourists from roaming about. Story on lanacion

Similar measures for people returning from Europe are already in force since Friday. Has anybody noticed any difference?

Back