Cost Of Ownership

Yes, but for 3000 km per year I guess he is save with old tyres. I doubt this car see any real road... But, you have to be careful, especially when raining, because tyres loose most of good characteristics, they become hard and slip easily. I know, was driving 10 years old shitty tyres and in one moment my car was a plane... For very short, but significant period.

Even thought the tires are relatively new, I avoid driving in the rain. That's because 1.5 of the 2 km village streets which lead to the highway do not have asphalt and can quickly become very muddy during a heavy downpour (and stay muddy until the next day). I'm not actually afraid of getting stuck, but I don't particularly enjoy washing the car and I can almost always wait two or three days to go to town (eight km at highway speeds on a very good road).

I always wondered if there are regular car inspections here in Argentina. From the state of a lot of cars, I'd have guessed no...

Apparently, the VTV inspections are mandatory in Provincia Bs. As. but not in CABA. The inspections (about $125 pesos last year) are actually quite thorough and include checking emissions, brakes, suspension components, as well as lights, horn, wipers, etc.

Provisional approval is granted for vehicles which do not pass the test. I my car failed the emissions test last May and I was given 60 days to replace the muffler ($675 pesos installed, including one new mounting bracket).

Even thought the tires are relatively new, I avoid driving in the rain. That's because 1.5 of the 2 km village streets which lead to the highway do not have asphalt and can quickly become very muddy during a heavy downpour (and stay muddy until the next day). I'm not actually afraid of getting stuck, but I don't particularly enjoy washing the car and I can almost always wait two or three days to go to town (eight km at highway speeds on a very good road).
owling ball

The elastic properties of rubber decrease with time due to oxidation of 3 dimensional bonds between molecules are destroyed and rubber becomes a solid like an over cured bowling Ball, a solid.

Back