Could Milei win in the first round?

Argentina is the only country in the world that would elect an economic minister presiding over 140% inflation.

Milei needs to moderate his message. He scares a lot of the traditional middle upper / upper class in Argentina. The types that vote for PRO. I'm not sure who they will go for now. That's who Massa and Milei will be fighting for votes.

I see Massa distancing himself from the Ks even more in the next few weeks. A message of I'll end Kirchnerismo without being too radical like Milei.
I could live with a Massa that repudiates Kirchnerismo.

I think we're deluding ourselves if we think Massa is not going to be very beholden to Cristina, Máximo and the Cámpora, even if they continue to keep mother and child hidden until after the runoff. He can't repudiate Kirchnerismo; he has his current job and is running only because they gave the thumbs up. And there are all their supporters within their clientelismo system that he'll also have to answer to. Soon he'll be railing against the judiciary, shouting lawfare like Alberto, to try to help Cristina with a few small judiciary problems she has, and supporting, or at least not speaking out against, Venezuela, Cuba and Nicaragua. It's a package deal-- Massa, the Ks and the Ks' idealogy.

I think we're deluding ourselves if we think Massa is not going to be very beholden to Cristina, Máximo and the Cámpora, even if they continue to keep mother and child hidden until after the runoff. He can't repudiate Kirchnerismo; he has his current job and is running only because they gave the thumbs up. And there are all their supporters within their clientelismo system that he'll also have to answer to. Soon he'll be railing against the judiciary, shouting lawfare like Alberto, to try to help Cristina with a few small judiciary problems she has, and supporting, or at least not speaking out against, Venezuela, Cuba and Nicaragua. It's a package deal-- Massa, the Ks and the Ks' idealogy.

and... What's your take on Milei?

Quick, someone check outside for flying pigs! I am actually in agreement with Stantucker on a political topic. This has never happened before.

Also worth mentioning that Alex Kicillof stomped Grindetti into the dirt in the race for governor of La Provincia, 45% to 27%. With this result, I have to wonder if our boy Alex isn't the future of Peronism. And to think that a few short years ago, his detractors dismissively called him "El Rusito"

Last edited:

The Bullrich voters will decide who will be the next President.

Milei refers to him as "El Sovietico".
/me rolls eyes

This is yet another example of what an ignorant, bigoted, hateful individual Milei truly is. Never trust someone whose primary emotions are hate and anger.

Kicillof was born in Argentina.

Last edited:
/me rolls eyes

This is yet another example of what an ignorant, bigoted, hateful individual Milei truly is. Never trust someone whose primary emotions are hate and anger.

No vayan ni con enojo ni con bronca, vayan a votar con esperanza.

Massa comes from UCEDE that is the historic liberal party and he has a long experience in politics having no enemies while Milei has no experience in
Politics neither working. He called “pissing old men” to JxC voters that now he needs…

Back