Covid test in BA to fly to US

Is it true that a flight delay doesn’t affect your 24-hour test window? I had heard we could get the test done anytime on Sunday even though our flight isn’t until 11:50pm on Monday, but it’s hard to find confirmation of the official latest rules. If our flight to the US got hugely delayed or cancelled and we had to fly a date later, I’m sure we would have to re-test…?

i recall the new US rule is not based on hours, but the prior day. so if you fly monday the test is done no earlier than sunday.

i'm fairly sure that if you are delayed slightly it's based on your original itinerary. if it were to be cancelled and rescheduled or something then i imagine you'd have to re test.

Had mine at La Rural, which was free. Bad news, it's been 15 hours and I haven't gotten the results even though they promised them in 6 hours. I tried getting them through the city site, but they want a DNI, won't accept a passport number. They claim they will send me the results by Whatsapp, but no luck so far. My friend got hers at Centrallab, $4000pesos, got her (positive) test 6 hours later by email.

The USA CDC explains any viral test is valid for international travel into the USA, including self-test. Does that mean a test purchased at an Argentina pharmacy and taken 1 day before departure is allowed? Has anyone traveled using this method? We have not traveled, and also been living in a bubble since Feb-2020.

CDC Test and Documentation Requirements

you've been in a bubble for nearly 2.5 years? good grief.

it says very clearly in your link what requirements must be met by the self test. my understanding is the tests in argentina don't include the real time supervision part so i doubt they are acceptable.

You can use a self-test (sometimes referred to as home test) that meets the following criteria:

• The test must be a SARS-CoV-2 viral test (nucleic acid amplification test [NAAT] or antigen test) with Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) OR the relevant national authority where the test is administered.
  • The testing procedure must include a telehealth service affiliated with the manufacturer of the test that provides real-time supervision remotely through an audio and video connection. Some FDA-authorized self-tests that include a telehealth service may require a prescription.
  • The telehealth provider must confirm your identity, observe the sample collection and testing procedures, confirm the test result, and issue a report that meets the requirements of CDC’s Order (see “What information must be included in the test result?” below).
  • Airlines and other aircraft operators must be able to review and confirm your identity and the test result details. You must also be able to present the documentation of test results to U.S. officials at the port of entry and local/state health departments, if requested.

you've been in a bubble for nearly 2.5 years? good grief.

it says very clearly in your link what requirements must be met by the self test. my understanding is the tests in argentina don't include the real time supervision part so i doubt they are acceptable.
Yes, I read those same requirements, so the question came down to knowing if any of the pharmacy test include tele-health supervision or if anyone really checks that detail at the gate.

Event: Effective June 12, 2022, the CDC order requiring all persons to show a negative COVID-19 test result or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 before boarding a flight to the United States, is rescinded. Starting at 12:01 a.m. on June 12, 2022, the CDC will no longer require air travelers to show a negative COVID-19 test result, or documentation of recovery from COVID-19, prior to boarding a flight to the United States.

CDC’s Order requiring proof of vaccination for non-U.S. citizen nonimmigrants to travel to the United States is still in effect. For more information see Requirement for Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination for Air Passengers.

Back