Covid test - returning to USA

Since relatively few people abide by the rules (or are they recommendations at this point?) I hadn't considered the US authorities might actually check on this. I mean, how would they know? Are you suggesting one keeps the little plastic results reader to show the authorities?

I took my covid test possibly 48 hours before flying to BA this past Tuesday, staying masked most of the flight except for eating time. (Being one of the few cautious ones since I did get Covid from my early October Transatlantic flight, despite the booster two weeks before)

It is a relief to sense less spread here now, compared to NYC or eastern cities.

Since relatively few people abide by the rules (or are they recommendations at this point?) I hadn't considered the US authorities might actually check on this. I mean, how would they know? Are you suggesting one keeps the little plastic results reader to show the authorities?

I took my covid test possibly 48 hours before flying to BA this past Tuesday, staying masked most of the flight except for eating time. (Being one of the few cautious ones since I did get Covid from my early October Transatlantic flight, despite the booster two weeks before)

It is a relief to sense less spread here now, compared to NYC or eastern cities.
Covid test? Has this been revived for travel?

Covid test? Has this been revived for travel?
At least not for travel to the US....
Today, CDC is announcing that the Order requiring persons to show a negative COVID-19 test result or documentation of recovery
from COVID-19 before boarding a flight to the United States, will be rescinded, effective on June 12, 2022 at 12:01AM ET.

@paulo COVID testing for travelers hasn't been a requirement for either Argentina or the U.S. for a while now. Of course, you're still welcome to take whatever individual precautions you might personally feel are necessary to protect yourself or others, especially if you've recently had COVID. Officially though, there's really nothing stopping COVID positive travelers from traveling at the moment unless you're outwardly and obviously displaying significant symptoms and happen to gain the attention of customs, immigration or health officials.

From the Argentine consulate in NYC:

"Since August 24th 2022, it is not required to present anymore neither the affidavit “Declaración Jurada”, a COVID-19 test, nor a COVID-19 health insurance to enter Argentina for Argentine Citizens, Foreign Residents and Non-Resident Foreigners. It is also not required to do the quarantine.
In the case a COVID-19 positive or potential suspected case is detected or reported while entering Argentina, the case will proceed according to the same prevention and control measures of any acute breath infection. It is not required to show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to enter Argentina."

From the U.S. DHS website:

"DHS will no longer require non-U.S. travelers entering the United States via land ports of entry and ferry terminals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide related proof of vaccination upon request."

From the U.S. Department of Transportation website:

"Air passengers will no longer need to show proof of being fully vaccinated with an accepted COVID-19 vaccine to board a flight to the United States."

From the CDC website:

"On June 10, 2022, CDC rescinded the Order. As of 12:01 AM ET on June 12, 2022, all air passengers, regardless of citizenship or vaccination status, were no longer required to show a negative viral COVID-19 test result, or documentation of recovery from COVID-19, before boarding a flight to the United States."

Back