Craft Beer And Ginger Ale

My friends all love Strange Brewing for craft beer. https://strange.com.ar/home
In addition to Schweppes, there's a local brand 'Pulpo Blanco' that makes ginger ale. You can often find it at stores that sell booze/beer.
I tried Pulpo Blanco a couple of times and it wasn't to my taste personally. Schweppes (AR fromula) still isn't 100% there, but it's the closest yet, but as I said, Canada Dry is the benchmark for me, though we can't always get what we want.

Actually, Schweppes and Canada Dry are just brand names of the company that owns them - Coca Cola. In some places, both the Schweppes and the Canada Dry branding appear on the same ginger ale label. My guess is that, like so many other things, rather than sell the same product all over the world, they tweak the recipe to suit the taste of the local market. Personally, although I usually choose Canada Dry for nostalgic reasons, I don't think it's tasted the way I remember it from my childhood for ages - wherever in the world I'm drinking it.

Actually, Schweppes and Canada Dry are just brand names of the company that owns them - Coca Cola. In some places, both the Schweppes and the Canada Dry branding appear on the same ginger ale label. My guess is that, like so many other things, rather than sell the same product all over the world, they tweak the recipe to suit the taste of the local market. Personally, although I usually choose Canada Dry for nostalgic reasons, I don't think it's tasted the way I remember it from my childhood for ages - wherever in the world I'm drinking it.

7Up is particularly like that. The product today is nothing like I remember it in the 1960's

7Up is particularly like that. The product today is nothing like I remember it in the 1960's
I used to chalk it up to nostalgia (even though I'm only in my 30s) but there's many things today that taste different or seem completely different from when I was a kid, and it appears that it's not all in my head. I used to think it snowed more when I was kid, but thought it was probably because I was shorter, but according to weather stats, there has been a decline in average snowfall in the North East.

Same with Pizza Hut, it used to taste better when I was kid, and as an adult I stopped eating it, yet when I was in Thailand of all places, I found a pizza chain that tasted exactly like it did when I was a kid, and turns out it was founded as a the local licensee of Pizza Hut (The Pizza Company aka 1112), so it's most likely that 1112 preserved the original 90s recipes while in North America they changed them.

Lots of craft beer places in BA. There was a crazy boom like 6/7 years ago. The quality can be very hit and miss though - especially in Palermo.

Strange Brewing and Charlone in Colegiales are my go-to for craft beer. Baba and Minca are two more fabricantes, but they don’t have a physical place.

Best craft place in Palermo that I know of is probably Antares these days, Gurruchaga and Honduras.

Ginger ale - no idea, sorry!

I tended bar for grad school ... the old ''bar guns'' didn't have a ginger ale button, so, sprite + a quick burst of coke (until it was colored correctly) did the trick .... try it ... it works.

Back