Craft Beer in Buenos Aires

Jtee125

Registered
Does anybody know of some good places in Microcentro/San Telmo that do good craft beer? I’m hoping for some NEIPAs or sours, more than the usual Honey/IPA/Scottish/Lager that most bars/pubs seem to sell

The best brewery in argentina (imo) is Strange Brewing. It's not in either of the two places you mentioned above but is worth the visit. It's the only place that beers comparable in flavor and quality to craft breweries outside Arg. They have options for both types of beer you want.

Craft beers at most other locations are limited to what you have listed above. They're never that great and the consistency is hit or miss. Argentina isn't a beer place and I don't most places have the dedication or resources to do beer correctly.

Also check out "Beer Cellar" for a good selection of beers from international and Argentina craft brewers. The man thst runs the place is super friendly and knowledgeable.

If you are looking for a NEIPA, Patagonia bottles theirs in 750ml bottle (non returnable) and is available in some chinos or other supermarkets. Alvarez in Caballito (a few stops on the E from San Telmo/Microcentro) also has a NEIPA on tap generally, which they make. They aren't Heady Top but they are pleasantly faithful to the style.

Sours I haven't seen much of...I've seen tall boy cans of a passion fruit sour at least. It isn't a style i generally seek.

Last edited:
I feel like patagonia is the best mass produced beer in argentina but not necessarily craft beer. It's made by Quilmes in Buenos Aires and marketed to look craft. It's is the most consistent in quality though.

I especially like the Patagonia "brewery" in Bariloche that doesn't actually brew beer.

The best brewery in argentina (imo) is Strange Brewing. It's not in either of the two places you mentioned above but is worth the visit. It's the only place that beers comparable in flavor and quality to craft breweries outside Arg. They have options for both types of beer you want. Craft beers at most other locations are limited to what you have listed above. They're never that great and the consistency is hit or miss. Argentina isn't a beer place and I don't most places have the dedication or resources to do beer correctly. Also check out "Beer Cellar" for a good selection of beers from international and Argentina craft brewers. The man thst runs the place is super friendly and knowledgeable.

I’ve seen Strange Brewing when I searched for breweries but it was a little far out. I’ll try do a day trip there. You are right that beers here are super hit and miss. One man’s NEIPA here could be my IPA and one man’s IPA here could be my red ale. Temple have a good NEIPA but I tire of visiting them each time.

Is Beer Cellar in Palermo?

Originally I brought 16 cans of my favourite craft English brewery to share with my girlfriend but we have since exhausted our supply and I am craving a good NEIPA with an explicit hop profile

If you are looking for a NEIPA, Patagonia bottles theirs in 750ml bottle (non returnable) and is available in some chinos or other supermarkets. Alvarez in Caballito (a few stops on the E from San Telmo/Microcentro) also has a NEIPA on tap generally, which they make. They aren't Heady Top but they are pleasantly faithful to the style.

Sours I haven't seen much of...I've seen tall boy cans of a passion fruit sour at least. It isn't a style i generally seek.
This is a good shout and fairly close. I have such a can in my fridge right now. It describes itself as NEIPA but it’s an IPA to me

I did manage to find one sour in Mercado San Telmo just by the Korean place, but it was the only sour there, still it looks like a good one (Pinky y Cerebro by Laurus)

it's also not in the area you asked for, but, Perro Verde in Palermo was a good craft brewer that fills growlers. it's been awhile since i stopped by, so not sure what they are offering these days.

Does anybody know of some good places in Microcentro/San Telmo that do good craft beer? I’m hoping for some NEIPAs or sours, more than the usual Honey/IPA/Scottish/Lager that most bars/pubs seem to sell
Saigon. Mercado San Telmo, has a very good IPA. And a great bowl of pho.

Back