Craft shop for maori bone carving nicklace rop ?

davonz

Registered
Hi,

Does anyone (directed more at kiwis i guess) know where i can find a craft shop that sells the thin black necklace rope for maori bone carvings.. or a shop that sells beads and the like that might have something ?
It is urgent, my friends birthday is on thursday so need to find before then..
I am in palermo
Thanks in advance
Dave

You need to look for "hilo encerado" for "collares" any shop of Bisutería or Bijouterie Artesanales should have them, plenty in Palermo go to a shop and ask them.

I've found black leather cord in Once. I don't know if it's the kind you need. But if it's urgent & you don't find it, let me know & I'll give you what I have. I'm in Palermo too.

Mini - thanks for the offer.. But leather will be to thick. They are made of black nylon woven cord, and is about 1.5 mm thick.

for any who may be interested there are heaps of bead shops in once, corrientes y uniburu..

davonz said:
Mini - thanks for the offer.. But leather will be to thick. They are made of black nylon woven cord, and is about 1.5 mm thick.

No problem. Is it like the stuff used in chinese knotting? Did you find what you needed? Sounds interesting....

yes, i found exactly what i wanted.. its just a thin black nylon cord..

Was it the actual necklace or just the cord (without clasps)? A friend of mine had one & it broke so I wanted to give him a new one but I'm not crafty so it's not like I could make it.

Maybe we need an arts & crafts day & Davonz can teach to make these necklaces. (or show us that 'it's just a nylon wire' & we don't get it!! ;D

Are there any crafty (or not so crafty) peeps that would come to a craft circle? Or am I the only one who love macrame owls?

you dont get it mini.. bone carvings are made from bone (whale bone in the old days - cattle now) or green stone (jade).. it is a very NZ-maori thing.
All i wanted what the rope/cord for it.

check out this site if you are interested to know what they are:

http://boneart.co.nz/

Back