Crafty People?

I thought maybe since you are all crafts oriented you could possibly help me out -- does anyone know what a bone folder is called in Spanish? Or know of a good arts supply store where I can find one... and a cork-backed ruler -- two tools I wish I had brought down... I haven't been able to find a good ruler, but maybe Ijust need a much bettr arts supply store.

For those who don't know, you might recognise if you see it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bone_folder

BONE FOLDER IS BONE CARPETA(or hueso carpeta)
cork is corcho so i presume reglo de corcho...well give it a try...

HowardinBA said:
BONE FOLDER IS BONE CARPETA(or hueso carpeta)
cork is corcho so i presume reglo de corcho...well give it a try...

My guess would be PLEGABLE or PLIEGUE since we are not talking about a folder (carpeta) but rather a tool for folding or creasing... and obviously the material the tool is made of is bone (hueso)..

Quentin.Daniels said:
My guess would be PLEGABLE or PLIEGUE since we are not talking about a folder (carpeta) but rather a tool for folding or creasing...
ah yes i didn,t look at the link,,yes you are right....

Yeah I tried that, but the woman I was talking to didn't understand... maybe I just need a better art store -- anyone know of a good one (in Belgrano / Palermo preferably)

There is an art store on S.Ortiz between Costa Rica and Nicaragua. I'm not sure if they have what you need. I'll keep my eyes open.

Sorry Syn, it's on S.Ortiz but between Nicaragua and Soler, but on the corner closer to Costa Rica. I was there today & completely forgot to ask... I'll have a look tomorrow.

Hey everyone, I was in Once, and I found a great craft store. It is called Feylo, and is on Azcuenaga 35. Also, I never got an email about the meeting = ( Is it Wednesday the 17th?

Hey -- thanks for the info, I'll try and have a look this weekend -- for the moment I'm using a porcelain spoon we have... does the trick and doesn't leave a stain!

syngirl said:
Hey -- thanks for the info, I'll try and have a look this weekend -- for the moment I'm using a porcelain spoon we have... does the trick and doesn't leave a stain!

Crafty people like your solution! ;)
It's near my work so I'll try to pop in tomorrow.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Expat Life 5