Cranberries

TomAtAlki

Registered
Has anyone seen any cranberries in Buenos Aires?

thanks for any input. T/

New Garden has them.
Last time I checked and asked New Garden has dehydrated cranberries only. Checking the London2Baires Mercado Libre link. Also, dehydrated or some kind f'soft gel dietary supplement in a can.
As far as I can tell cranberries are not available as fresh or fresh frozen anywhere. 10 years ago there was a big market that had an imported products section, Ocean Spray cranberry sauce in a can, also peanut butter. But alas I can't remember the market name and not sure it still exists. It's desperate times if you want to make fresh cranberry relish or the same from a can. An essential Thanksgiving ingredient!

I was never able to find fresh cranberries in BA. I had to bring them from the US. It is not difficult to reconstitute the dehydrated cranberries, however. One of the years I brought cranberry sauce to your place, I made it with reconstituted dried cranberries and nobody knew the difference!

The weird thing is that Argentina is a large grower and exporter of cranberries! Sometimes when I buy fresh cranberries in the US, they say product of Argentina.

Thank you everybody, we bought dried cranberries and cranberry juice at New Garden. Soaked them overnight with lemon juice and zest, I'll cook it today to thicken it up a bit. The taste is perfect.
N

I was never able to find fresh cranberries in BA. I had to bring them from the US. It is not difficult to reconstitute the dehydrated cranberries, however. One of the years I brought cranberry sauce to your place, I made it with reconstituted dried cranberries and nobody knew the difference!

The weird thing is that Argentina is a large grower and exporter of cranberries! Sometimes when I buy fresh cranberries in the US, they say product of Argentina.
Are you in BsAs?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Expat Life 9
S Expat Life 5
R Food and Drink 4
A Food and Drink 11
Back