Credit cards for temporary residents? Building credit history?

another benefit , you cash your dollars at the cueva and deposit into your debit card , to buy online at Blue dollar rates..

Does the cueva actually deposit money into your bank account? Or you receive cash and feed it into an ATM machine?

Does the cueva actually deposit money into your bank account? Or you receive cash and feed it into an ATM machine?

No... you walk and carry the cash to the ATM of your Debit Card Account. However some cuevas may do a bank transfer ?

Yes debit cards and also a MercadoPago account can be used for most online purchases (which you can link to a debit card, CBU or simply top up with cash at a Rappipago or similar)
Just went to Pago Facil to find out if can accept adeposit to be credited to a local Bank debit Card. The answer NO.
May be RapiPago..? will find out .

I think nowadays pretty much every online store accepts debit cards.
That hasn't been my experience, I have a local ICBC debit card and websites like Buquebus and Aerolineas, Norwegian, and Flybondi didn't accept it. It's been a while since I tried to book travel online, admittedly.

Just went to Pago Facil to find out if can accept adeposit to be credited to a local Bank debit Card. The answer NO.
May be RapiPago..? will find out .

Additional info.. Pago facil can only receive cash and Credit cash to Mercado Pago account, Brubank debit Card, and Uala Card app? system

That hasn't been my experience, I have a local ICBC debit card and websites like Buquebus and Aerolineas, Norwegian, and Flybondi didn't accept it. It's been a while since I tried to book travel online, admittedly.
It might be an issue with your card as their websites most certainly do work with débito. It happens to me with one of my debit cards on most online purchases because they used another DNI number (eg passport number) from when I opened it ages ago or entered my name slightly different to that on my DNI. Here the online security systems seem to cross check to make sure the card / buyer details matches the DNI details verbatim.

I believe since paying in person has not been an option during the pandemic, debit card usage has increased a lot. For example, Aerolineas accepts debit cards now.

Back