Crime Beware

perry

Registered
Today I was with 2 clients of mine and one of the clients was viciously robbed of her expensive watch. This happened at 5.00pm in broad daylight on the corners of Gurruchaga and Nicaragua . Even though there were three of us they only targeted the young woman who had the watch .

There were three of them and they had a motorcycle which they escaped lightning fast the wrong direction down Gurruchaga.

In 4 years here this is the first street robbery I have been witness too at such close range and it left me feeling deflated and powerless .

We must warn everyone not to ever wear watches of value on the streets here in Buenos Aires as the risk of robbery is very high . Unfortunately crime is rising and no area can be considered safe from this as Recoleta and Belgrano are reporting similar increases of opportunistic crimes.

It is also good to stay away from the street side of the sidewalk.

I've heard of a new gimmick. While seated at a sidewalk cafe, someone will tap you on the shoulder to ask a question. When you turn around to answer, another thief will snatch your bag.

My daugher, street-smart after having her purse lifted, now ties her bag to a chair while sitting outdoors.

why on earth would you parade a 3500 dollar watch???beats me...a 30 peso watch tells the exact same time...wear that type of thing for house/family parties of course,but in the streets?no way

if you have to have a pack with you at a street-side cafe, put your leg through one of the shoulder straps if it's on the ground. I do that instinctively now.

When my mother came to visit I told her to leave all her gold jewelry home, no need to be flashy in a 3rd world country....

My best friend in New York is walking around with my $7,000.00 Breitiling. I just left it there, and hope to get it back in the far off future should I ever decide to leave. Maybe someday I can give it to my kid... just bought a 250 peso piece the other day, and yes... it tells the same time.

Best advice in the event of attack.... Use Karate! Hiiiiiiiiya!

Silver and even real pearls are fine - no one bothers stealing them. Like magpies, thieves are attracted by shiny, flashy stuff.

SaraSara said:
Silver and even real pearls are fine - no one bothers stealing them. Like magpies, thieves are attracted by shiny, flashy stuff.
My head is extremely shiny and sometimes flashy. I hope that no one tries to rip it off. Especially if they are planning to do this with it:

Back