Crime In Bs As

Sher BA

Registered
I'm just sharing what I witnessed today. I know some people have experienced worse things here, but just too highlight that you can never be too vigilant.

I was walking past the corner of Libertador and Sarmiento when a woman pulled a knife on a couple that was walking past. This happened at around 2pm right in front of the entrance to the zoo. The usual crowd of people weren't there as that entrance was closed. She didn't take anything from them because the couple screamed and ran away from her. They weren't wearing any flash clothes or jewellery, and they also didn't have any 'big money' items such as iphones, etc. on show. They looked pretty low-key in their appearance. The only reason I know they weren't locals is because I spoke to them afterwards.

They were probably a random target or maybe the woman heard them speaking in Portuguese as they were coming around the corner and decided to go for them. I don't know, I'm just speculating.

No motorbikes, no taxis. The woman just put the knife back inside her jacket and calmly walked off along Sarmiento.

About an hour later when I went past that corner again there were two police officers keeping a lookout. One on foot, the other on a bicycle, so I'm guessing the couple reported the incident, but who knows?

Anyway, this was just to let everyone know what happened.

Back