Crime

NJ boss country

Registered
Which is worse...lcrime in b.a. Or Brooklyn ny or Camden nj or detroit. Can I walk in san telmo at night or puerto madero or centro.....alone....how bad are things there...Brooklyn, detroit, Camden Newark, nj are not pleasant but can walk down the streets their in day......with a knife in tow......I want to see all areas of b.a.....any info on areas like la boca, san telmo, montsersatt, centro , etc would be helpful.....staying 7 weeks in b.a.....recoleta but want see it all.....thanks

Which is worse...lcrime in b.a. Or Brooklyn ny or Camden nj or detroit. Can I walk in san telmo at night or puerto madero or centro.....alone....how bad are things there...Brooklyn, detroit, Camden Newark, nj are not pleasant but can walk down the streets their in day......with a knife in tow......I want to see all areas of b.a.....any info on areas like la boca, san telmo, montsersatt, centro , etc would be helpful.....staying 7 weeks in b.a.....recoleta but want see it all.....thanks

You can walk safely in Puerto Madero so long as you're not a prosecutor preparing a case that might expose government corruption. San Telmo is a bit dodgier, but if you stick to well-lighted streets you should be OK. I would avoid La Boca at night except by taxi. That said, almost every part of Buenos Aires is safer than any part of Detroit.

Don't be a victim. If the short hairs on the back of your neck are tingling there is a reason.

If you search the forums you will find a lot of good advice about being out and about in Buenos Aires. Although some neighborhoods after dark can be quite dangerous (OK even in daytime if you are off the beaten track - where you shouldn't be) there doesn't seem to be a shortage of crimes of convenience or two or more people working in concert to remove that shiny gold colored watch from your wrist.

My Argentine friend lives in Harlem and he said it's much safer than it was years ago, which surprised me. I think the biggest difference between Buenos Aires and big cities in the States like NYC, Detroit, Chicago, etc.is that you have bad neighborhoods and safe neighborhoods so you know which areas to be more cautious in. Whereas in Buenos Aires it doesn't matter how upscale the neighborhood is, there's always a risk of getting robbed by a motorchorro or having a knife or gun pulled on you.

NYC, Detroit, Chicago, etc.is that you have bad neighborhoods and safe neighborhoods so you know which areas to be more cautious in. Whereas in Buenos Aires it doesn't matter how upscale the neighborhood is, there's always a risk of getting robbed by a motorchorro or having a knife or gun pulled on you.

I am in NYC right now (Queens) and have lived here for many years. I would not know where to go to in order to be in a "dangerous" neighborhood. Forget Harlem, it is fully gentrified. The Bronx, maybe, if it is very late at night, in a dark corner, you look drunk, and have money or gold flowing out of your pockets.

My Argentine friend lives in Harlem and he said it's much safer than it was years ago, which surprised me. I think the biggest difference between Buenos Aires and big cities in the States like NYC, Detroit, Chicago, etc.is that you have bad neighborhoods and safe neighborhoods so you know which areas to be more cautious in. Whereas in Buenos Aires it doesn't matter how upscale the neighborhood is, there's always a risk of getting robbed by a motorchorro or having a knife or gun pulled on you.
Harlem is different now, Clinton has an office there.
N

I am in NYC right now (Queens) and have lived here for many years. I would not know where to go to in order to be in a "dangerous" neighborhood. Forget Harlem, it is fully gentrified. The Bronx, maybe, if it is very late at night, in a dark corner, you look drunk, and have money or gold flowing out of your pockets.

Um, Bed-Stuy anyone? Stuff happens there daily.
Just checked NY Post's NYPD daily blotter. Last 4 days, 2 incidents over there.

I've been hangin in Harlem my whole life......not as bad as its rep....now bed stuy....fuggettaboutit.....detroit in some parts is hell on earth......how about Palermo at night....just discovered the area las canitas.....how is it to walk there say from the rec. cemetary at night...I'm a walker.....thanks......

Back