Crime

Hey boss, It sounds like you are too worried. Just come on down and have a good time.

I've been hangin in Harlem my whole life......not as bad as its rep....now bed stuy....fuggettaboutit.....detroit in some parts is hell on earth......how about Palermo at night....just discovered the area las canitas.....how is it to walk there say from the rec. cemetary at night...I'm a walker.....thanks......

Personally, I would walk along Santa Fe and Luis María Campos to Las Cañitas at almost any hour.

In each city it depends all on the neighborhood.

San telmo is SOOOO dodgy. The last time I was there at night (a Thursday around 10:30), I walked with 2 girls. There was a drunk guy shouting nasty piropos at us from his corner cafe outdoor table. Halfway down the block we turned around and he had followed us down the street to say more of god knows what. I shouted at him to stay the hell away from us. A few seconds later there were some dodgy characters looking like they were about to jump us. Then a crazy old lady blocking our way in a tight spot on the sidewalk with her hand held out shouting "moneda! moneda!" - we re-routed around a giant garbage bin to get passed her. Then just a block before 9 de Julio, someone crouched down in a stoop of a doorway smoking something out of what looked like a crack pipe.

It was like a tricky level of Grand Theft Auto or some other f'ed up video game. All in the course of 5 minutes! Never going back there at night again (unless I take the car and can park within half a block of wherever I'm going). I'd be terrified to go alone too.

I've been hangin in Harlem my whole life......not as bad as its rep....now bed stuy....fuggettaboutit.....detroit in some parts is hell on earth......how about Palermo at night....just discovered the area las canitas.....how is it to walk there say from the rec. cemetary at night...I'm a walker.....thanks......
I'm a walker and have walked this in the evening. As in NY, I got where I was going just fine - just dont forget to use your spidey sense - mine is always on.

There is MO sure place in BA not even Puerto Madero in certain areas and certainly NOT LA BOCA! I still have the scars to prove it!

There is MO sure place in BA not even Puerto Madero in certain areas and certainly NOT LA BOCA! I still have the scars to prove it!

In a regional context it's not too bad, this is South America after all. Comparing to US cities is fairly meaningless.

Back