Cristina Adops Jewish Boy To Stop Werewolf ...

The true story's rather different from what most press reports have claimed: http://www.theguardi...-child-werewolf

There you go. Give the Guardian credit where credit is due.

Even if this had been in some way connected, it would have been simply the continuation of an old nice tradition with weird roots in its origin, of which there are plenty around.

This year marks the first time that the honor has been extended to lesbians, and now even to Jews.

I didn't have time to read the article, but how exactly does adopting a Jewish boy prevent Maximo from periodically turning into a werewolf?

It even made the german news... Otherwise, Argentina is only mentioned there in the context of bankruptcy, protests or losing soccer games, so a werewolf is something new :D

Cristinas Mother Ofelia Judith Wilhelm and family originated from Germany :cool:

I have to say I was kind of surprised by the original article with the werewolf connection. I did indeed laugh. I went and told my wife about the article and what it said and she said "yeah, I know, it's been going on for a long time."

Apparently she'd heard about this some time ago, and what she heard was not just about becoming a god parent, but that the reason was due to protection against werewolves, though obviously now (and for many decades) it was supposed to be just for fun. I'd never heard anyone talk about it before, even just the god parent part, but my wife does tend to have more friends and acquaintances from more varied backgrounds than I do.

The article apparently didn't just make this up, and apparently there are at least some here who believe this is the reason for the "adoptions".

Back