Cristina asks AFIP to investigate man who commented for newspaper article

trennod said:
In addition, being in a commodity driven economy Argentina should not be comparing itself with Europe and USA (significantly different economies). Look at Australia for one, it has a two paced economy, albeity is largely a commodity driven and it is not entering a recession. Brazil, Chile etc...Not going in to recession.

There is a lot of economic history analysis available on the web (its a favourite subject!) comparing Argentina to Australia and Canada from the time that the Canadian economy started to outstrip the Argentine (both heavily biased towards towards Wheat exports) and then the Australian

This happened many decades before Christina!

For example http://ideas.repec.org/p/pra/mprapa/18394.html

"Argentina and Canada started their industrialization processes while exporting natural resources and importing capital goods. These two nations were sparsely populated but received significant inflows of European immigrants since the second half of the nineteenth century. Until the start of World War II, both economies experienced similar per-capita GDPs. However, the gap between both per-capita GDPs began to grow, widening throughout the century. We carry out an empirical study of the deep determinants of the divergence process between both economies. We confirm that while Canada was drawn into a successful path due to the adjacency with a bigger and complementary economy, Argentina fell into a “staple trap”.

FYI Brazilian economy is slowing down,

Chile is I would suggest is a different type of case with economic "take off" based on the special geopolitical strategic military importance to europe of nitrates copper etc as well as other stuff

My point is that the K rule has been relatively more enlightened economically than the disastrous policies that prevailed before - not saying much I know but lets try to grow up and get away from the Cristina is the Antichrist nonsense

PhilinBSAS said:
not saying much I know but lets try to grow up and get away from the Cristina is the Antichrist nonsense

But she is, look what shes doing to guys in real estate who provide an opinion about their particular industry (that clashes with the propaganda she dribbles). Not to mention the visit from AFIP Juan Martin Del Potro got the day after refusing a meeting with her because sus padres son del campo.

Sorry I really should stop I just cant help it.

toongeorges said:
But only in Argentina. In Europe she would have had to resign a long time ago. Do you honestly think she is good for the Argentine economy? What I am concerned, Argentina currently is in a corralito, the difference with the previous one being that the previous one only lasted for a short while. They are trying to make this one last as long as possible, since self-delusion is a virtue in Argentina.

But we are in Argentina and it is not Europe.

However, we have a corralito with people having work and money. So, you are missing the point.

Ask Spaniards what does a crisis mean. A real one.
Regards

Bajo_cero2 said:
I don t understand how cross examination can be abuse of power.

A cross-examination occurs in a court of law. The lawyer who performs the cross-examination is bound by centuries-old rules of evidence and procedure.

Bajo_cero2 said:
The guy said his busisness was going down. How do you double check if this is true or not? Because it has to be double checked if you are the President and you rule a country where some newspapers publish rotten fish trying to make you the next Lugo. Remember last elections? Who was going to win according to Clarin?
So, she confirmed that it was rotten fish.

The President's outing him as a tax cheat (which may or may not be true) in no way qualifies as a "double-check" of the content of his statement in the original Clarin article (which dealt with the general state of the real-estate market). It would have been perfectly reasonable for her to provide other statistics to counter his statistics. But that's not what she did.

Back