Cristina - I Thought This Was A Wind Up But Its Not......

There is even talk of a renaming ceremony, unrest within the navy who have been marginalised during the organisation of this fiasco and let's not forget CFK chartering a private jet from a British firm for USD1m for her Asia trip which will include a brief stop in Havana.
You really couldn't make it up.

"Oh, Captain, my Captain, our fearful trip is done;
The ship has weather'd every rack, the prize we sought is won..."

As is only appropriate with fine poetry, I will leave this open to your own interpretations; Talk amongst yourselves...
Feel free to use the depth of your shameless imaginations and apply your personal worst nightmares and fears at this time.

alternatively .....

Dora Sigerson Shorter(1866-1918 / Ireland)

The Sinking Ship​

The ship is sinking, come ye one and all.
Stand fast and so this weakness overhaul,
Come ye strong hands and cheery voices call,
'Stand by!'
The ship is sinking in a summer sea,
Bless her but once for all she used to be,
Who rode the billows once so proud and free,
If you but loved a little, with a sigh,
'Stand by!'
Gone, all are gone, they neither hear or care,
The sun shines on and life is ever fair.
They shun the struggle, laughter lurks elsewhere.
The ship is sinking, passing echoes cry,
'Stand by!'
The little ships that pass her in the night,
Speed from the darkness in their eager fright.
From troubled dreams they take refuge in flight.
Why should they then, who know they too must die,
'Stand by'?

Then get you gone, desert the sinking ship,
O faithless friends, who on her pleasure-trip
Clung close with gentle words and smiling lip,
And still as ever on your own joys cry,
'Stand by!'
The ship is sinking, parting in a smile,
The sunset waters mark the last sad mile
In dimpling play and in a little while
The waters close, Death and his angels cry,
'Stand by!'

Dora Sigerson Shorter

The Armada should say ooooooole and sail to Bahía Blanca instead. Of course that would cost a few heads, but it would be sooooo sweet.
Anyways, the Armada boss does not have much to lose.

alternatively .....

Dora Sigerson Shorter(1866-1918 / Ireland)

The Sinking Ship​

The ship is sinking, come ye one and all.
Stand fast and so this weakness overhaul,
Come ye strong hands and cheery voices call,
'Stand by!'
The ship is sinking in a summer sea,
Bless her but once for all she used to be,
Who rode the billows once so proud and free,
If you but loved a little, with a sigh,
'Stand by!'
Gone, all are gone, they neither hear or care,
The sun shines on and life is ever fair.
They shun the struggle, laughter lurks elsewhere.
The ship is sinking, passing echoes cry,
'Stand by!'
The little ships that pass her in the night,
Speed from the darkness in their eager fright.
From troubled dreams they take refuge in flight.
Why should they then, who know they too must die,
'Stand by'?

Then get you gone, desert the sinking ship,
O faithless friends, who on her pleasure-trip
Clung close with gentle words and smiling lip,
And still as ever on your own joys cry,
'Stand by!'
The ship is sinking, parting in a smile,
The sunset waters mark the last sad mile
In dimpling play and in a little while
The waters close, Death and his angels cry,
'Stand by!'

Dora Sigerson Shorter

Well, I suppose that as long as we're going to do some thoughtful poetry analysis (complete with symbolism, tone, and all those other fun esoteric intepretations ;)), I present to you now a masterpiece (and personal favorite) that may be applicable in more than one part. It's too long to copy and paste without making everyone go cross-eyed, but without futher adieu, I present Allen Ginsberg's "Howl" : http://www.poetryfoundation.org/poem/179381

*Snaps*

I saw your post and thought it was time I actually read (or at least try to read) Howl. Apparently Allan G. Doesn't want anyone out of the US to have that pleasure at this time. :=(

A few lines from "The Rime of the Ancient Mariner". May be a fitting caption?

Her skin was as white as leprosy,
The Night-mare LIFE-IN-DEATH was she,
Who thicks man's blood with cold.

The naked hulk alongside came,
And the twain were casting dice;
'The game is done! I've won! I've won!'

I make it a point to rip any sign down with Cristina on it. It's become somewhat of a hobby.

Of course, there's the graffiti on Leandro Alem not 4 blocks from the Casa Rosada. It reads "Cristina" along with a large spray-painted ejaculating penis. I've left that alone.

I saw your post and thought it was time I actually read (or at least try to read) Howl. Apparently Allan G. Doesn't want anyone out of the US to have that pleasure at this time. :=(

Hey, Tom-

Bummer! It's possible, I'm in Ohio at this time, so perhaps not all the links can be accessed outside the US. But let's not be hasty in blaming Mr. Ginsberg... I've got a strong premonition that it's most likely due to some form of deliberate internet blockage/censorship.... and let's be honest, as refreshing and honest as Ginsberg's poetry is, I wouldn't exactly choose to analyze his works with my middle school students (too many parents would get all bent out of shape) or put one of his poems in a Hallmark card (well, depending on the recipient! ;)

It's still worth Googling. Actually, try this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2p_kKhRmRkM
A Youtube clip of the late (and great) Allen Ginsberg himself reading the poem. Just sit back with a nice cup of tea, close your eyes, and listen to the nice man's soothing voice (jaja!).

@ GS_Dirtboy- Admirable hobby, but it seems to me you're going to be perpetually fighting an uphill battle (too many posters, so little time). Just when you think they couldn't produce any more variations of "Fuerza, Cristina," you'll always find a new variety (with her and Juan and Evita Peron, with Nestor, addressing a faceless group of adoring fans, etc.), each one more vomit-inducing and horrific than the next! But if this doesn't deter you, by all means, go ahead!

Through the turbulent seas of Ocean Economia we need a Capitan that can take the helm and guide us to the promised land. A good Captain should never be relieved of command until we have reached a land of economic prosperity unencumbered by constitutional limitations.

Back