Cristina To Pay Back Some Money Taken From The State

ElQueso

Registered
OK - not, perhaps, as juicy as you would like to hear, but the title is true, as far as it goes.

http://www.thebubble.com/mine-or-nestors-cfk-ordered-to-give-up-one-of-her-presidential-pensions/

Seems Cristina has been receiving a pension for both being the widow of an ex-president, and as well another for being the ex-president herself. That's a no-no according to Minister of Social Development Carolina Stanly. Cristina has to choose. In the case that she doesn't choose, the State will stop paying on the most recent pension. She's been ordered to pay back "all of one pension" for which she's received payments.

The amount of the two pensions together are incredible, particularly for a woman who brazenly led the efforts to rob Argentina blind under her presidency. $333,000 pesos, or about $22,000 USD. Uh, per month.

Aren't her accounts frozen? I admit to having lost track a bit in the last few months what is going on. But if they are frozen, I wonder if she'll have the money to pay back the 10 months (I'm assuming that's what she's going to give up, is hers, so she doesn't have to pay back Nestor's?) she's received of her pension since she's left office? Maybe Cristina will have to move to a villa while she pays back some $220,000 USD from her single pension, which I'll asusme is half of the two! Would bring fresh meaning to the term "payback's a bitch". In more than one sense. Heh.

I wont be surprised if she comes back into power in the next election.

In my work..we carry out something called the "Risk Assessment".

For this to happen, I would say :-

Highly Likely!

I wont be surprised if she comes back into power in the next election.

In my work..we carry out something called the "Risk Assessment".

For this to happen, I would say :-

Highly Likely!

Don't discount Maximo as a major contender. :cool:

Back