Crisynomics At Work: Argentina Is Low Debt Superstar

Joe

Registered
As much as this site's Neo-Liberals and Perma-Tourists love to complain about the mismanagement of the Argentine economy, this chart by the WSJ (the Neo-Liberal HQ) shows Argentina is better than EVERYONE else! MatiasBA - High-Five me!

WSJ%20debt%20chart_0_0.jpg

http://graphics.wsj....-debts/#i[]=999

INDEC is only concerned about fudging the Inflation numbers. The other numbers are as accurate as Richone's Fine Swiss timepiece.

This is one of the strong points of the K era. It didnt happen by chance, it was a deliberate policy, with objectives and all.

Hard data: we used to pay in debt interests per year the double of the budget calculated for education. Just of interests.
This is where the Asignacion Universal por Hijo money comes from.

In this world with strong capitals pressuring to take debt, so they can own you with interests, with FMI and World Bank policies going in that direction, this achievement is even more important.

This is one of the strong points of the K era. It didnt happen by chance, it was a deliberate policy, with objectives and all.

Hard data: we used to pay in debt interests per year the double of the budget calculated for education. Just of interests.
This is where the Asignacion Universal por Hijo money comes from.

In this world with strong capitals pressuring to take debt, so they can own you with interests, with FMI and World Bank policies going in that direction, this achievement is even more important.

In reality, it's a weak point that the government stumbled into and, at present, has no way out. It "helped" that they were able to steal private pension funds, with no accountability.

As much as this site's Neo-Liberals and Perma-Tourists love to complain about the mismanagement of the Argentine economy, this chart by the WSJ (the Neo-Liberal HQ) shows Argentina is better than EVERYONE else! MatiasBA - High-Five me!

http://graphics.wsj....-debts/#i[]=999

Thanks for coming up with this, it is a pretty one.

So, Argentina is better than
- Singapore
- Korea
- Sweden
- Canada
- Switzerland
- Norway
- Hong Kong
- Germany

One thing these countries have in common is that they can raise debts very cheaply.... Even Repsol managed to raise debt at less than 3% recently.

Argentina equally outstanding fellow countries in the same area of the chart are
- Nigeria
- Belarus
- Indonesia
- Russia

One thing these countries have in common is that they do not belong to the first group. (OK, I may be cherry picking, a little)

So Argentina is better than
- Singapore
- Korea
- Canada
- Switzerland
- Norway
- Hong Kong
- Germany

One thing these countries have in common is that they can raise debts very cheaply.... Even Repsol managed to raise debt at less than 3% recently.

If "less creditworthy" means "better," Argentina is indeed better than those countries.

Back