crossing border with a 110c motorbike

I am thinking u must be F+&$ing with all of us! Do you have motorcycle experience? To ride a bike of such a small cc...anywhere... is on the verge of insane! With that size of engine...weight of the bike, tire size etc etc etc... you are asking for it.
To go on a major road trip with this type of bike... is really a death wish...and not something I would find some kind of "fascinating adventure".
Prepare yourself much more intelligently... a decent size motorcycle...650 cc or more. Preferably a bike with a high profile, such as an off road/street bike. The high profile for visibility and suspension to handle the road conditions... street for torque, for fast reactions.
Not sure what your budget is... but obviously find a bike that is common in South America...for any repairs/parts.

Then again...maybe your adventure is 110cc's...and you have ridden bikes for years. So obviously... you are taken' a trip on back roads? If that the case...enjoy!!! And surely ...using the back roads, the borders should not be an issue.
Bon Voyage
Ha...I think I might be a bit bi-polar...
Finding myself a bit inspired by the adventure :p

Again... a small motorcycle... less than 400cc's. @ 2-3 hours of travel... one gets so tired/uncomfortable.
Any serious cross country...more so continent travel... with at least 8 hours a day...average? Chill a day or 2.
I would really suggest a larger bike.

Is there Tri-polar?
Maybe you should get a trike?
:p

Not so easy rider :D

murraymclaughlin.jpg

I like the army shirt like "I'm a tough guy", furthermore it fits well with the pillow with flowers on it

French jurist said:
Not so easy rider :D

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i208/jonesy_photo/misc/murraymclaughlin.jpg

I like the army shirt like "I'm a tough guy", furthermore it fits well with the pillow with flowers on it[/QUOTE]

Right!? Look how much fun that guy is having. & Look at all the luggage you can bring! I can't wait to read this guys blog about his adventure. I'm sure there will be book & movie contracts to follow.

mini said:
Right!? Look how much fun that guy is having. & Look at all the luggage you can bring! I can't wait to read this guys blog about his adventure. I'm sure there will be book & movie contracts to follow.
You can't write a blog from the inside of a body bag.

Back