Cruelty-Free Make-Up / Cosmetics In Bsas?

av315

Registered
Hello everyone,

I never use make-up but I'm getting married in a month and want to buy some and I don't want to use products/brands that test on animals. Does anyone know of any cruelty-free cosmetics available in BsAs? Thanks!

Many foregin brands are available here that meet international regulations on testing. They are however very expensive (ie MAC etc)

I am not a huge makeup user either so haven't investigated too much,it might be best to talk to a makeup artist. If you don't use make-up I assume you will use it at the wedding for the photos? In that case I would recommend a makeup artist, especially if you're not used to applying the makeup -- they can do a great job so that in the photos it comes out very nicely.

Edit to add:

You are probably best to hire a makeup artist anyway if you don't use makeup in your day-to-day -- simply because you will end up investing just as much money on buying makeup and brushes to apply it with for one day's use as you will to have an artist apply it. In fact, it will probably cost much less to hire an artist as the brushes are super expensive here. Foundation, blush, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, for photos you'd want all of these (even if you go for the "natural" look you'd be surprised how much makeup can be used to achieve a good photo).

Cerini has makeup artists on staff, otherwise I have a friend who does it and she uses all MAC and import products, she speaks english, I could put you in touch if you like

I've been to (and IN) a lot of weddings.

You should hire a make up artist.

1) You don't have much experience, so this could add unneeded stress as well as time wasted buying items and worrying.

2) You will probably have enough anxiety as it is.

I just asked and Regina Cosmetics is made here and doesn´t test on animals.. I got married back in March and had a local make up artist come to my house and she did a great job.. and the make up laste all day without any touch ups... we had a morning civil ceremony and then celebrated again in the evening. I dont know where you live but Ill pass you here info just in case, or maybe she can recommend a make up artist closer to where you live (Im in Monte Grande, near Ezeiza). The lady´s name is Yesica..She came to my house at 8am to my make up and my sister in law and she charged me 300 pesos roughly. you can find her on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/yesihermida?fref=ts and she has a salon here in town https://www.facebook.com/anella.esteticayrelax?fref=ts.. The website for Regina cosmetics ishttp://www.reginak.com/ and it lists some places in the city where you can buy products. Considering the quality and that they don´t test on animals I dont think they´re that expensive...at least for the essentials like foundation, concealer etc. If you go to Yesica or another salon they also give classes on how to apply properly yourself.

AV, Your boyfriend and you ( I assume) have been dating, He fell in love with you without make-up....This is your wedding day! Why change your face now? He loves you for who you are! If he was in love with you without make-up enough to want to spend his life with you, at least ask him for his opinion ! This is sooo hard to say, having spent much of my life working for Christian Dior Cosmetics and Revlon as a make-up artist.......OH how we EVOLVE! Best wishes!

AV, Your boyfriend and you ( I assume) have been dating, He fell in love with you without make-up....This is your wedding day! Why change your face now? He loves you for who you are! If he was in love with you without make-up enough to want to spend his life with you, at least ask him for his opinion ! This is sooo hard to say, having spent much of my life working for Christian Dior Cosmetics and Revlon as a make-up artist.......OH how we EVOLVE! Best wishes!

My only (printable) comment is: "You must not go to very many weddings."

Back