Cruise Ship from Africa Allowed to Dock in BA by Mistake

Naturally with this embarrassing headline, the government are now claiming #fakenews because the person who had COVID was no longer positive for COVID when tested (an important correction which of course is positive news for everyone!).
Hmmm ... who still believes what the government says here? They lie when they open their mouth. Why is that person and those who had prolonged contact still in quarantine when the tests were all negative? Something is fishy ...

I was just saying this to a friend, I don't believe them for a second. Now they can't even keep the lies straight.

The regulation says that people have to quarantine when arriving from Africa, which Cabo Verde is part of. I don't agree with the regulation as Africa is an entire continent with health situations unique to each country, and by the time the South African Ministry of Health detected Omicron in South Africa, I'm sure it already made it around the world and back, pero bueno. That being said, you either enforce it or you don't, not selectively, so does this mean that its enforcement is selective/dependent on the geographical knowledge of the DNM agents? If that's the case lord help us...

And then secondly, if they didn't pose a health risk (after violating their own policy on quarantine), why did you have to have the PFA go and round them up? Was there a risk to the public or not? Or perhaps they are simply making decisions based on how it will look from a PR viewpoint now?

Whenever Alberto's government does something dumb and gets caught I'm immediately reminded of a quote from the TV show Archer: "No! It was merely incompetence!" "And I suppose that makes it better?" Laugh or cry, the choice is yours folks because this is going to continue happening.

well then they must have gotten covid from within the country no?

to block the ship again like that just sounds like political theater.

Back