Cryptocurrency Atm's are comming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, they are coming, however, with the outrageous fees they will be charging, not many will be buying.

i'm trying to find ways to use crypto to get money out of the country. an exchange would be ideal but haven't been able to find a local exchange i can use as a US citizen. perhaps these ATMs might work.

i'm trying to find ways to use crypto to get money out of the country. an exchange would be ideal but haven't been able to find a local exchange i can use as a US citizen. perhaps these ATMs might work.
with severe swings in supposed value using buttcoin (I call it that), consequences could be costly, very costly. Further, it's not as anonymous as many think. Beware.

sure there is volatility, but there is volatility in the peso too. in any case, if you do the crypto transaction quickly you are not that exposed. things aren't as crazy in crypto as they were earlier in the year. and it's a much more secure way to do it if you know what you are doing.

regarding anonymity, not sure what is your point exactly? bitcoin network transactions are intentionally transparent. if you are not moving drug money, which i'm not, there really is no issue ;)

ATMs likely charge something like 5% or more as a fee for using it. The operator has to make money and protect from volatility.

sure there is volatility, but there is volatility in the peso too. in any case, if you do the crypto transaction quickly you are not that exposed.

NOT necessarily true. Although unlikely, Bitcoin can drop fast. Although rare, I have seen volatility either up or down of $1,000 USD in less than an hour.

things aren't as crazy in crypto as they were earlier in the year. and it's a much more secure way to do it if you know what you are doing.

No, they are not as crazy as they used to be, the price has been stuck between $6,000 and $8,000 for most of the year, and it's mostly been between $6300 and $6500. I don't see any major long lasting push upward anytime soon.

if you are not moving drug money, which i'm not, there really is no issue ;)

Actually it can be equally an issue (depending on the amount) if you are trying to move money out of Argentina without reporting it. Consult your accountant.

ATMs likely charge something like 5% or more as a fee for using it. The operator has to make money and protect from volatility.

At least 5% if not more. Traditionally, ATMs are not the cheapest places to buy cryptocurrencies.

buttcoin "investors"...aka gamblers are in the midst of one ponzi scheme.

'buttcoin'? <- You wouldn't be calling it that if you would have bought when I did at $250.00 USD per bitcoin. There are many who bought at $2.00 or less, and they are major millionaires. I predict we will see bitcoin much higher than where it's at now, however, I am not as optimistic in my predictions as others. I am of the opinion that it could hit $20,000 USD per bitcoin by the end of 2020, which for me would be acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back