Cuban Customs Limits

The big difference is people really don't bring things into the US except for things you can't buy in the US or aren't readily available. In these countries - Argentina, Cuba, Venezuela (I am purposely grouping them all together) people bring in everyday products like bras, band-aids, detergent, socks either because they are not accessible because of lack of inventory or prohibitively expensive. If these crackpot governments would concentrate on how to sustain healthy production levels of consumer goods in their countires then people WOULD buy them there, I am sure nobody brings a ton of soap, toilet paper, socks and bras from another country in a suitcase because they really WANT to.

The big difference is people really don't bring things into the US except for things you can't buy in the US or aren't readily available. In these countries - Argentina, Cuba, Venezuela (I am purposely grouping them all together) people bring in everyday products like bras, band-aids, detergent, socks either because they are not accessible because of lack of inventory or prohibitively expensive. If these crackpot governments would concentrate on how to sustain healthy production levels of consumer goods in their countires then people WOULD buy them there, I am sure nobody brings a ton of soap, toilet paper, socks and bras from another country in a suitcase because they really WANT to.

For all of Argentina's (or, rather, the present government's) shortcomings, it's not remotely close to the category of Cuba or Venezuela.

For all of Argentina's (or, rather, the present government's) shortcomings, it's not remotely close to the category of Cuba or Venezuela.
Not quite yet, and hopefully never, but I feel the walls are quickly closing in......and it's easy to see that all of the laws that the K government has proposed lately are based on Venezuelas laws regarding production and economy. Venezuela based theirs on Cuba's....see the connection?

Not quite yet, and hopefully never, but I feel the walls are quickly closing in......and it's easy to see that all of the laws that the K government has proposed lately are based on Venezuelas laws regarding production and economy. Venezuela based theirs on Cuba's....see the connection?

For all its power-hungriness, the current government seems likely to crawl away with its tail between its legs in about a year. The new administration, whoever comprises it, should be at least somewhat more sensible.

Back