Cueva rates vs WU

SecretShopper

Registered
My last real decision to make is whether I bring cash or just send money to myself via WU. I think it depends on the rate. With WU, for example, I sent 350 USD with a fee of around 2.5 percent.. like 9 bucks... in store rate in Florida. Exchange was 212.

Anyone know the exchange right now for the Cuevas and if they are generally better or worse than WU?

WU is the best right now. I personally have cash for when I need it and WU as my number one options. In Arg options are good.

Check out ambito.com website

dolar.png

They are getting these numbers by a daily phone survey, I think. I would say, lower level + 1 peso is a reasonably good rate for an exchange.

You can see WU rates on their website.
Do your homework :)

Always remember that the "blue" rates published online are just "reference rates". Most cuevas (especially those with whom you don't have a relation) will offer something well below the prevailing rate - if it is published at 197, don't be surprised they offer 177 or 187... after all it is how they make their money for offering the service, so be prepared to shop around.

For reference, usually the "best" blue rate available is called "dolar amigo" and is usually done between friends at half-way between the published buy and sell values.

Most cuevas (especially those with whom you don't have a relation) will offer something well below the prevailing rate - if it is published at 197, don't be surprised they offer 177 or 187...
If you don't like the price, let them make relation with somebody else. Big deal.

Always remember that the "blue" rates published online are just "reference rates". Most cuevas (especially those with whom you don't have a relation) will offer something well below the prevailing rate - if it is published at 197, don't be surprised they offer 177 or 187... after all it is how they make their money for offering the service, so be prepared to shop around.

For reference, usually the "best" blue rate available is called "dolar amigo" and is usually done between friends at half-way between the published buy and sell values.

literally have never had a cueva not be honest and simply go with the blue rate published in that day's newspapers. they want dollars, supply is limited, this not only doesn't happen but makes no sense.

literally have never had a cueva not be honest and simply go with the blue rate published in that day's newspapers. they want dollars, supply is limited, this not only doesn't happen but makes no sense.

Same. When I got a different guy at the cave I normally use and he tried a non Dolar Hoy rate with me I told him that's fine, I'll use the CCL, you need the dollars more than I need the pesos. Needless to say he changed his tune when he hard that and the rate improved.

Back