Culture shock when visiting home

I think the point is that the quality of life in Argentina could be a lot better - the resources are there. The population is well educated enough. There is a cultural problem that allows bad government to continue. Those of us who have lived in Argentina for some time know that things don't have to be the way they are. That's the sad part -- we are not talking about a resource poor, arid land that has little hope of ever improving.

chris said:
I think the point is that the quality of life in Argentina could be a lot better - the resources are there. The population is well educated enough. There is a cultural problem that allows bad government to continue. Those of us who have lived in Argentina for some time know that things don't have to be the way they are. That's the sad part -- we are not talking about a resource poor, arid land that has little hope of ever improving.

Quite correct, Argentina's problems over the last 100 years of decline are not economic, but political. Tell me when the political climate is going to change and I will be able to tell you when things will change in the quality of life.

You are all stupid yankee.. you think your country so much better than my beautiful best country in the world Argentina!!! you are so jealous corruption fools!!!

(my deepest apologies..I think Cabrera was channeling through me)

cbphoto said:
You are all stupid yankee.. you think your country so much better than my beautiful best country in the world Argentina!!! you are so jealous corruption fools!!!

You are trying to tease me and no I am not interested to sleep with you. STOP SENDING ME PRIVATE MESSAGES

cabrera said:
You are trying to tease me and no I am not interested to sleep with you. STOP SENDING ME PRIVATE MESSAGES

Ha, ha, best Cabrera post ever!

cbphoto said:

Having traveled to most of the world I have to say that Argentina IS NOT the "beautiful best country in the world." First learn how to write. A grammar check program would be good for you. It will make you appear smarter.

No, I am not jealous and no, I do not need 5 million types of bread and yes, I am happy eating the fruit that is seasonally available. What's wrong with that? I am also an expat (although I do feel Argentine) and I am happy to live in Argentina, with all its problems and shortages it is still a great place. Sure there are a lot of things to improve (among which I really DO NOT include having tropical fruit in the middle of winter), but I want many things to stay as they are...and probably most Argentines would like it too.
Now, throwing mierda once one has efectively left the country or is about to leave denotes a lot of frustration...it is not wrong to admit not being able to cope with the country, it is not a sign of weakness.

amargo's name explains it all

As I wrote before, based on many of the posts here I do not think I am worthy bearer of my nickname. Would you like to bid as candidate? :)

Back