Culture shock when visiting home

there are positives and negatives to both countries, plain and simple. to all you expats who are complaining about argentina: if you don´t like it here......leave and go back to the states.

it´s as simple as that. you can eat all the bread you want!!

I actually mean that ThankYou :)

It's the ME ME Me attitude..and NOTHING I CAN or SAY about anything to CHANGE
ANYTHING....

Unfortunately quite common :/

With how "BAD" it has gotten in the States.. I still feel that people have hope/belief in their ability (as a people) to make things turn around... Not sure I can say the same for beautiful Argentina. She really needs a Huge Kick In The Ass... to make her Shine to what a Huge and Beautiful Potential she has!!

redrum said:
there are positives and negatives to both countries, plain and simple. to all you expats who are complaining about argentina: if you don´t like it here......leave and go back to the states.

it´s as simple as that. you can eat all the bread you want!!
Said beautifully by an Argentinian or should I say ignorantly?

Hola a todos! if you let me to I 'dlike to give my opinion and since I go back and forth Rosario AR to Florida US every 6 month I have experienced some of the "shocks" above mentioned and most of them are true. Also I agree with Lee about complaining, EVEN if you are not living at your native country, things can be changed and we ALL have an effect on the culture more or less.
Us is a great nation that I love, with all "big", convenient, comfortable, relatively safer (comparing AR )etc. The downside is that the consumism goes to a point that people start leaving other areas of live that are important too, like family , may be ... or on the daily life, "una charla con el almacenero" or people buying there ( share life experiences, laugh, learn ETC) ...while in the US you go fast do shopping and barely talk with someone and rush home to watch tv or spend time with the video game. Life tends to be boring, the adrenaline of the "risk" in Ar gives lifes another touch. Is real, is not a choice though.

Back