Cumbia Dance Classes?

tesstafarian

Registered
Hi Everyone,

Looking to branch out from tango and interested in taking some cumbia classes. Any schools/classes/discos you'd recommend?

Also looking into salsa, and any recommendations outside of La Viruta & Azucar would be welcomed. Hoping to check some places out next week.

Muchas gracias, chau!

oh, keep me updated if you find any new places. I went to a cumbia/merengue place last night but it was way off the beaten track and in a not so great neighborhood (and Im a single girl who has walked all over this city by myself). I was with some local friends. Casona Nueva I believe was the name of the place. Unfortunately, they don't offer lessons.

Hi Everyone,

Looking to branch out from tango and interested in taking some cumbia classes. Any schools/classes/discos you'd recommend?

Also looking into salsa, and any recommendations outside of La Viruta & Azucar would be welcomed. Hoping to check some places out next week.

Muchas gracias, chau!
First, all Salsa moves apply to Cumbia, also Cumbia is a slower Salsa, to simpley put it.
So taking Salsa class is as good as Cumbia class.
The club in Villa Crespo is the place to go for classes. The intermediate level is pretty
advanced, they have been damcing for a while. The beginner class is fune and not
that simple (Thursday and Fridays are good nights)

spacer.gif
TEL: 15-5637-0870

Argies are much better and faster Salsa learners, also they learn a song faster
too than gringos. Most gringos can not dance well (no offense).

Argies are much better and faster Salsa learners, also they learn a song faster
too than gringos. Most gringos can not dance well (no offense).

My salsa/bachata club in San Diego would disagree with you :)

Here is a link for the Buenos Aires Dance Club/Escuela de Baile. There doesn't seem to be Cumbia listed, but they have salsa, bachata, kizomba, Korean pop (!), zumba, axe, rock, swing, etc, etc. I've never been although I keep meaning to go...

It's at 732 Florida.

http://www.badanceclub.com.ar

I can't believe I have been in Argentina for one year but not gone out dancing yet! The downside of working weekend nights... But would love to join for a salsa outing at some point, I used to dance a lot and miss it!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Culture 6
C Expat Life 6
B Culture 15
B Entertainment 6
E Entertainment 7
Back