Current covid entry requirements?

Frinkiac8

Registered
Can someone please give me the twenty-second version of the current entry requirements? I understand there is no testing requirement anymore.

If it is just proof of vaccination and insurance, what suffices? U.S. CDC vax card and your insurance card, or is there some other insurance document or declaracion?

Thank you!

Can someone please give me the twenty-second version of the current entry requirements? I understand there is no testing requirement anymore.

If it is just proof of vaccination and insurance, what suffices? U.S. CDC vax card and your insurance card, or is there some other insurance document or declaracion?

Thank you!

no proof of vaccination required​

Measures in force to enter the country from 7/4/2022​

Argentines, Argentines and those residing in the country, must:​

• Complete the Affidavit at least 48 hours before the trip.
Those who enter the country for a period of less than 24 hours will be exempted. and do it by land.

Non-resident foreigners must:​

• Complete the Affidavit at least 48 hours before the trip.
  • Submit COVID-19 health insurance (Coverage for hospitalization, isolation and/or medical transfer services).
Those who enter the country for a period of less than 24 hours will be exempted. and do it by land.

Those non-resident foreigners of Ukrainian nationality or from that country, while they remain in a transitory migratory situation, must have COVID-19 health insurance if they do not have any other form of health coverage.

Thank you. Does anyone have experience with what exactly is required for the health insurance evidence? Is this as simple as your health insurance "card" that we have in the U.S., a letter, something else? Anecdotally I have heard of them sometimes not even checking for it at EZE but I am sure that varies.

I wrote about this earlier, around the time of the 17th version of requirements. But, since proof of Covid insurance is still required, I’ll add here. We have full medical insurance but they couldn’t get us a letter or proof of specific Covid coverage, and definitely not covering hotel stays if we test positive. I bought specific supplemental travel insurance with that coverage, about $100 for a family. They didn’t check the letter upon entry, but American Airlines checked it before we were allowed to fully check in. It’s likely more relaxed now (this was in Jan), but just to let you know.

For now we will plan on bringing a physical insurance card and a letter or website printout that states the extent of overseas COVID coverage. It sounds like things should be going okay and that if you are likely to get any trouble, it's probably with the airlines and not the authorities on the ground in EZE.

Just an update : a couple of days ago it was a breeze getting through and no questions asked. They asked to see a printout of the migraciones affidavit confirmation and nothing else. Nothing about health insurance, although I note there was a question about that on the affidavit itself.

No one really minding the store or the line at customs, after getting bags it was maybe 10 minutes until we were streetside.

I entered in December 2021 and bought a travel insurance policy that mentions COVID coverage. At that time United Airlines required me to upload the policy to be declared Travel Ready (and skip departure USA airport documentation check). Nobody in Argentina asked for it, but it was attached to the Declaracion Juridica and they looked at that.
In April United no longer required the insurance certificate by provided to be declared travel ready but I got it anyway. Nobody in the USA or Argentina asked for it at any time.
At the end of May 2022 (last month) I went through Ezeiza again, and this I time did not have my insurance certificate ready to go, my papers were mixed up and I had been travelling for 33 hours (including long flight delay) and was semi-goofy in the head. I remember that the English version of the form just said I have insurance that covers COVID, which is true even without travel insurance so I felt kind of dumb buying the insurance. [If I get sick and have medical expenses, they are covered by my regular insurer, subject to the insurance policy deductible. But they would not necessarily cover hotel isolation costs, which is the point of the the travel insurance. Earlier in COVID, if you got sick as a tourist, I think you got locked up in a government supervised hotel. You are not required to go into hotel isolation anymore, and if I get COVID I will just stay home alone. So the requirement is for insurance against nothing, more or less, but is apparently still on the books. But I wanted to be sure I was safe and I try to 'play by the rules.'] Anyway, entering this time, I was asked for my juridical form, which I showed. Then the immigration person said "insurance?" One word. I fumbled through papers (flight plans, declaration, copy of passport, older documents) and found my regular medical card, CIGNA, before my travel insurance certificate. I handed it to her. It is not a travel insurance policy and says nothing about COVID insurance or hotel costs on it, but is a bit more colorful and lengthy in text than most insurance cards for some reason. She looked at it, returned it without comment, and let me enter the country.
Go figure. We need more people to post their experiences. Anyone hear of a real problem and someone getting denied entry and sent back home without entering because of no insurance that satisfied immigration? Or would they just make you buy travel insurance on the spot, which could be done in 15 minutes with a laptop and an internet connection?

Last edited:
thanks for the info. i am on medicare and don’t think i am covered. travel insurance for medical is reasonally cheap. i always figured i would just use the free medical available, stablise, and fly home. covid changed that. humm. probably need a 10,000 deductible policy for the future. i am 68 with few options with plans in arg. thanks again

Back