Current fine and bank hours at EZE for overstaying Visa

Guille A

Registered
Hi,

Does anyone know what the current fine is that you have to pay at the airport if you overstay the visa. Also, what are the hours of the bank at the airport where you need to pay the fine. Some flight are at 10 PM or later, so is the bank open at that time?

Thanks for your help!

The current fine (as of late July at least) is $12.500 pesos and the bank at EZE is open 24/7.

You can also pay onine up to ten days in advance:

You must register to pay onlne and there is an option for an English version to register and make the payment.

I have a question regarding entry / overstay here:
I arrived beginning of August to Argentina. I received an email afterwards confirming the 90 days tourist visa. Mid of October I went to Uruguay for a longer weekend. On my return, I haven't received an email.
Now I will be leaving for Brazil beginning of December. As the flight is already at 6 am, I would like to know whether I am in overstay mode or whether (what I assume) I received another 90 days when entering Argentina in October. I believe I have read once an online site where one can check the current status; I can't find it know..... Is this the case?
On a side note: I am leaving in Aeroparque, I assume the overstay can also be paid there if necessary?!

I would like to know whether I am in overstay mode or whether (what I assume) I received another 90 days when entering Argentina in October. I believe I have read once an online site where one can check the current status; I can't find it know..... Is this the case?

Not sure...I couldn't find it.in a quick search...

On a side note: I am leaving in Aeroparque, I assume the overstay can also be paid there if necessary?!

Yes, it can be paid threre, but only from 7 AM to 10 PM, as indicated here:

When I overstayed I went to migration days before leaving and paid my fine there and got a release. No fuss...no problems....no rush. Go to the guards at the gated entrance and tell them why you are there....they will direct you to the proper door to start. They are very helpful and no line to get in.

When I overstayed I went to migration days before leaving and paid my fine there and got a release. No fuss...no problems....no rush. Go to the guards at the gated entrance and tell them why you are there....they will direct you to the proper door to start. They are very helpful and no line to get in.
Is it possible you could also be arrested by doing that at that location?

I would like to know whether I am in overstay mode or whether (what I assume) I received another 90 days when entering Argentina in October. I believe I have read once an online site where one can check the current status; I can't find it know..... Is this the case?
I had trouble finding it last time I needed it, so saved it for easy access. You can check at https://www.migraciones.gov.ar/transitos/index.php

Is it possible you could also be arrested by doing that at that location?
No. A simple overstay is not a criminal act. When you pay the fine in advance you are indicating your intention to leave the country and migraciones is "giving" you ten days to do so.

If I understand correctly, if you pay the fine in advance and don't leave the country within the ten day period (even if it's because your flight was cancelled), you will have to pay a second time At some point after that, migrcones might issue a deportation order, but I have a "hunch" it won't be instantaneous. .

I never had an overstay, but if I did, I would only pay at the airport on the day of departure.

And I would only pay in cash (ARS) as opposed to a foreign credt card for obvious reason (unless I didn't have the cash on hand).

If I understand corectly, most "arrests" (aka detentions) and "deportations" by Argentine immigrations actually take place at the airport, but they involve arriving passengers who are denied entry.

If I understand corectly, most "arrests" (aka detentions) and "deportations" by Argentine immigrations actually take place at the airport, but they involve arriving passengers who are denied entry.
Of course they are not being "arrested" for a crime, but they are being involuntarily detained until they can be put back on the same plane they arrived on.

I'm not sure what happens if that flight is already full. :eek:

Back