Current OSDE info?

starlucia

Registered
I'm returning to BA for just 2 months and am looking into private medical insurance options. The alternative is to extend my current World Nomad travel insurance, but this doesn't cover some routine exams I'm due for (dentist, OB-GYN, chequeo anual, and I'd like to see someone about a horrible stomach thing/possible parasite I had - and ignored - a few months ago.)

Does anyone happen to have the current monthly rate for new OSDE members? (I'm 30, so I guess I would either want the Plan Joven or 310.) Also, is there a waiting period before new members can make appointments for the exams mentioned above? Thanks.

would another option just be to pay for the controls without insurance? You could call the clinic and ask them how much it would be. If not too much it might be easier than registering for and then cancelling a plan.

If you're only in town for 2 months, I'm not sure it's worth the headache of registering/canceling. Esp since you may have a waiting period for some.

Individual joven was 832 for 310 last time I checked (individual, not corp rate).

I think the idea of just paying for the appt is probably a better one.

Back