Current VP and former President of Argentina could face prison time.

D.B. Cooper

Registered
The current VP Cristina Fernandez de Kirshner could face up to 12 years in prison on corruption charges.
She has other issues not related to this one involving kickback schemes and money laundering, that have yet to go to trial.
Her apt. Is at the corner of Juncal and Uruguay street in Recoleta area. There’s a huge protest there right now.

Last edited:
Is there anyone who actually believes in their heart of hearts that she's innocent?

I'd have more respect for the Ks if their argument was "Yeah she's corrupt, but so is Macri, etc." at least then it would be in good faith...

Is there anyone who actually believes in their heart of hearts that she's innocent?

I'd have more respect for the Ks if their argument was "Yeah she's corrupt, but so is Macri, etc." at least then it would be in good faith...
No one.

I'm with you, I wish they'd just say, "Hey, we know she's corrupt, but she's the only one that can govern this country." That would be an honest answer at least, not that I agree with it, mind you.

Yes, for the record, I do believe she's innocent. Savage me if you will.

To be clear, I mean innocent of the charges against her. Completely uncorrupt, no. This is Latin America. But there's a difference between skimming 2% off the top and making the system work, versus Macri and his cronies stealing half of everything and totally breaking the economy.

It's a reflection of the justice system in this country that all the case appears to be about is what each one of us believes about CFK.

If there's a smoking gun, why don't her opponents cite it, instead of trying to wish "pruebas contundentes" into existence? Absolutely nobody is talking about the evidence, a situation which should speak for itself.

It's a reflection of the justice system in this country that all the case appears to be about is what each one of us believes about CFK.

If there's a smoking gun, why don't her opponents cite it, instead of trying to wish "pruebas contundentes" into existence? Absolutely nobody is talking about the evidence, a situation which should speak for itself.
Actually, there is evidence, and it was available three years ago, when Macri was still president. A team of the relevant experts went to Santz Cruz and carried out a full audit. They found that discrepancies between what work was contracted and what was delivered was less than 2%, well within the usual limits for the rest of Argentina.

Santa Cruz is the southernmost mainland province of Argentina. Construction costs are higher for a variety of reasons, including weather and the distance from the rest of the country. Yes, a local construction firm was awarded a majority of the contracts, but that's because they consistently outbid the others. They were able to do this because they have the equipment already in Santa Cruz, as opposed to having to truck or rail it in, as construction firms from the north would have done. Their costs were lower, so their bids were lower.

You never heard any of this because the media other than Pagina12 and C5N are all firmly Macrista, being part of the Clarin empire, which was owned by the now-deceased Herrera de Noble, and enlarged by shady means during the last dictatorship. See the Papel Prensa case for the most glaring example.

I don't expect anyone to be convinced by what I have written here. We live in the age of information warfare, and Operation Condor 2 is being carried out via Lawfare and the Soft Coup, rather than the military coups used last time (Chile 74, Argentina 76, et al). You have to look hard to see through the smoke and mirrors, but the information is out there. I am firmly convinced that all the cases against Cristina are "armado", we would say "trumped up" in English, (with a small T, having nothing to do with The Donald). And they have succeeded admirably, because people assume that where there's smoke, there's fire. I mean, she's accused of all these things, she must be guilty of something, right?

All fine and dandy , the question remains, where is the missing money? from both of the latest governments.
We can argue all day everyday about whose fault it was or it is, but the fact is that a country that sells mainly foodstuff can not be as broke as this one is.
Someone somewhere mismanaged the hell out of the economy and i don't buy the condor2 theory due to the fact that is no more and no less than , once again creating an abstract far away enemy who to blame.
For those of us with some vintage memories of the days of old in this country, it has always been the same story, such as, the IMF, the Brits in the falklands, the dollar exchange speculators, the military junta, martinez de hoz and blah blah blah.
No one ever, no political party, no ONG, no opposition ,but above all , no group of citizens ever demanded transparency from the government which in term created the notion that the people don't need to know how things are run and the government has absolute power over its citizens.
I say, prove she mishandled the economy and let her rot in prison then or at the same time , prove that macri screwed up too and throw him in prison also, but of course, for that you would need a justice department that actually act as such.

The sad thing is that groups like La Campora and those who claim to be advocates of democracy in Argentina resort to threats of intimidation and violence the minute they don’t like the way something is going, exposing themselves as the neo-fascists they actually are. If the graffiti read “don’t f… with Macri” they would be screaming “golpistas!” “Operación condor!” Etc etc etc.

There is plenty of explicit evidence that has been released showing personal commercial links between CFK and Austral (eg contracts with her name on them). Likewise there are recovered messages and call logs to demonstrate collusion. And then there are the circumstances like how the owner of Austral and those around CFK (including those now deceased in timely murders) amassed so much wealth and commercial capabilities over such a short time without first having backgrounds that would logically support such a thing.

Now it’s time for the court to put it all together and to decide if the facts match the charges. After that, people are free to review the material and the judgement for themselves. Unfortunately I’m sure that after the verdict is in, very few would even to bother reading the judgement or the evidence it was based on, and instead skip directly to “media lies” “law fare” “corruptos” “macriiiiiii” etc. And depending on whose team they are on, she will forever be a criminal or political prisoner, for no other reason than emotion, ideals and blind loyalty.

To be clear, I mean innocent of the charges against her. Completely uncorrupt, no. This is Latin America. But there's a difference between skimming 2% off the top and making the system work, versus Macri and his cronies stealing half of everything and totally breaking the economy.
how do you feel about Massa just closing another loan in USD?

Where's your evidence that Macri is more corrupt than Cristina's mob? Cristina and mob have destroyed Argentina over many years - for evidence you only need to see the strength of where the country should be based upon natural resources and capability vs where it is now.

To fix the economy will take many years of pain because it's been so devastated

Back