Current VP and former President of Argentina could face prison time.

Surprise you didn't mention Verbinsky
From 5:00 to 5:20 he points out the irony of TN giving so much coverage to Cristina's neighbor, who might be less popular amongst the other members of that community than she was before the street occupation began.

Separately, as I key, Carlos Pagni is giving a masterclass on the lies, contained in Cristina's Youtube presentation last week, regarding the family antecedents of current court members, it turns out taken from an article recently published by Verbitsky, an article which turns out to be wholly incorrect, and which he himself would have realized was incorrect if he had checked HIS OWN ARTICLE about the same family published in 2002 in Pagina12.

Separately, as I key, Carlos Pagni is giving a masterclass on the lies, contained in Cristina's Youtube presentation last week, regarding the family antecedents of current court members, it turns out taken from an article recently published by Verbitsky, an article which turns out to be wholly incorrect, and which he himself would have realized was incorrect if he had checked HIS OWN ARTICLE about the same family published in 2002 in Pagina12.

The relevant part starts at 4:12, and runs until 11:02. From 11:02 to 13:30 a second claim by Cristina (also taken from Verbitsky) is also rather devastatingly rebutted.

Last edited:
The relevant part starts at 4:12, and runs until 11:02. From 11:02 to 13:30 a second claim by Cristina (also taken from Verbitsky) is also rather devastatingly rebutted.

Yet this kind of baseless diatribe is the essence of her “defense” to the charges against her.

I remember back when she was President and a journalist asked her flatly how she, daughter of a bus driver, became so wealthy after a lifetime in public office and only a few short years in private practice. She smugly responded “I happen to be a very talented lawyer”. Now, if only she sounded like one then she would have nothing to worry about…

The death of Nisman makes no sense, but the history of Argentina is full of violent events that make no sense, going all the way back to the Semana Tragica of 1919. The Ezeiza Massacre of 1973 still remains largely unexplained.
I would venture to say that the history of the USA is full of violent events that make no sense. And when I say "make no sense," I don't use the term to suggest something unexplainable or something that would be considered a conspiracy theory at best. I use the term in the sense of "It makes absolutely no sense that the U.S. still does not have direct presidential elections."

Does anybody else feel this country is pretty close to the brink now? The stakes are pretty high (judicially, economically, politically) and powerful, unscrupulous people and groups are cornered and getting desperate.

eh, it feels a little closer maybe but after being here a number of years most of this just feels like the same ol drama.

when monthly inflation starts getting to 10, 15%, or cristina goes to jail, then really the shit will hit the fan

Does anybody else feel this country is pretty close to the brink now? The stakes are pretty high (judicially, economically, politically) and powerful, unscrupulous people and groups are cornered and getting desperate.
You should have been here in 75, lol this is the first communion in comparison

This is at the popcorn stage, Cristina is a long way from being cornered, and it's fascinating to see the dirt being flung (Larrea and Macri's neck-deep involvement in the BA tow-truck mafia was interesting to read about), as well as one politician after another inserting feet in mouths (Alberto of course, and now we have some muppet complaining about Cristina having an apartment in Recoleta). Lots of popcorn to get through yet, I think.

How old were you in '75, McKenna?
Old enough to remember and live thru 1974's first precios cuidados(different name then) instrumented by peron and the effects of what that caused, that's when i was first introduced to the concept of black market, so..... yeah i'm pretty old,

Back