Curry Night? Anyone?

Have to disagree, I`ve eaten at 3 different indian restaurants in BA (Taj Mahal, Bengal and Tandoor) and have to say I thought they were all pretty decent, and trust me i`ve eaten in a fair few indian restaurants over the years. I also ask for extra spices when I order to make them spicier for my taste. But agree the menus are similar

I think i've eaten in all 3 of them and as a Scotsman who frequented curryhouses in Glasgow and Edinburgh i'd have to say they're okay but nothing special. You certainly have to tell them you want REAL Indian food (as real as westernised indian food is) and not any watered down argy version.

I met the owner of "delhi Mahal" at the airport...at the immigration line. He toldme to try his restaurant..he was on his way to India though for a vacation

Review of 'Taj Mahal" hotel located at Nicaragua y Scalarabini Ortiz.

Reading the popular reviews, i decided to revisit this restaurant today after 2.5 years.

Rating --2/10

food- disaster.

I ordered common Indian dish..butter chicken..It was downright disgusting!

For postre I ordered..Pista Kulfi a Indian desert..It was argentine ice cream with pistachos..

Disaster!

service - Horrible..girl waitresses lost in the woods.

however, the restaurant was 100% full on a Thurday night!

Go figure

Ceviche - You choose probably the wrong day to go. thursday is the 40% off day at that place.. lol..

And yes there's no comparison with the "REAL" Indian food you get in India and some other parts of the world but thats more because there are lot more Indians settled there than in Argentina for now. Maybe in years to come there will be much better Indian places to eat here.. The only problem I see is that Spicy food is a rare comodity in this country. And Indian food is at its best when its Spicy with all its rich aroma and flavours...

Thats why we stick to the good home cooked Indian food out here :) But then you just sometimes get the cravings for Naan and all the Tandoor dishes and for a change places mentioned in this thread are good enough to tell yourself that's the best you can eat which isn't really bad.. The Naan , the cottage cheese curries are good enough and so is our chicken tikka masala .. :)

If you like Curry, Indian Food, and FOOD in general then must watch the movie "
The Hundred Foot Journey"​
, a delightful true masterpiece, a Steven Spielberg Production with Helen Mirren. Directed by Lasse Hallstrom.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2980648/

The Hundred Foot Journey​

MV5BMTQ3Mjg2MTE4M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzcyNDMwMjE@._V1_SY317_CR2,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

I joined the forum yesterday only.
Seemed like an interesting topic to me, as I just love spicy Indian curries. Have we reached anywhere with tasting curries out at any restaurant, or someone cooking. If we plan to do it at someone place, we all who are joining can help with preparation, buy things etc. I guess we can definitely take this forward for monthly. :)

Back