Oh Curry Where Are You?

etoile

Registered
I'm about to run out of Patek's Tikka Masala. Is there anywhere else apart from China town (where I already went and all I'll say is bollocks...) where one can find something similar?
Found a restaurant in Recoleta called Tandoor, amazing curry, incredible bad for my budget thou.
I'm really trying not to get my hands dirty and cook. Yes, I'm being lazy.

They sell curry in various dieteticas and delicatessens around town. Just go to a few

There was a BAE member who was going to start his own curry business. His curry was going to be the real stuff. I can't eat spicy but I promised I'd recommend him. Try searching a few weeks back.

Did you try asking the restaurant where they get their curry?

You may have to buy it in powder form instead of the jar. I'm a little confused if you mean prepared food or the spice.

Did you try asking the restaurant where they get their curry?

You may have to buy it in powder form instead of the jar. I'm a little confused if you mean prepared food or the spice.
Prepared *again being lazy hehe
Oh I did asked and he kindly answered back "Oh but then you would not come back". Cannot blame him with this economy...

Cannot blame him with this economy...

Irrespective of the economy, most of the good bars or resteraunts are doing pretty damn well here. Let me assure u of that. This includes the restaurant " Tandoor". What do you expect the guy to answer to a question like that to a guest who just came and ate? Give a cooking class? The currys can not be bought anywhere. They are made mixing various spices in appropriate measurements and at appropriate times, mixed as required as the dish is being prepared.

Most of the codiments can be bought in BA and the curry can easily be made learning from you tube.

You could try Sabores y Secretos de la India in Belgrano: Ciudad de La Paz 1739, Tel:4783-3424, http://www.saboresdelaindia.com.ar/

Agree that making your own blends of dry spices is the way to go, by the way. I have a heavenly chai mixture that I made that I can't imagine expecting to find pre-made, especially in BA!

Ask your mummy to put some patak's paste in a ziplock bag (and then another) and send it to you in a padded envelope.

Back