Curry Cuestion?

jpw

Registered
Hi, I am from south Asia and have a quick question to ask. will I be breaking any laws or if its against any Argentine law to offer my cooking services while on tourist visa? Like if I make curries on order, or advertise that I do? or should I just wait for my residency and then do it?

I would love to order, make sure you advertise it on several sites like OLX, here and many others. Do not use lot's of chilles because people here hate it.
Good luck mate.

Reactions: jpw
If you in the process of applying for residency I think you are clear to go ahead. Not 100% sure, but either way I hope you are able to get your business off the ground!

You might want to consider a stall at the next BA Underground market. Never been, always seems to clash with something but you would be able to get your name/brand out there quickly with the expat community.

Now, if you are looking for volunteers to sample your cooking, you have come to the right place!

Are you kidding? Half of the workers here are "in negro". Go for it and good luck!

you would do well. Lot of demand for genuinely hot curries especially by the british and Americans here. Advertise on craigslist. here, go to social events with yr business cards, make friends and advertise thru them, on Buenos Aires herald newspaper, facebook page etc etc

u would soon make money.

But be sure u have all codiments for the right flavors!

It is illegal to have you as a clerk (143.000 pesos fine) but self employment is a loophole.
However, don t confess it to a dnm agent.

Thank you all for your encouragement and advise. so looking forward to starting my tiny setup here! @Ceviche: yes you are right actually that is important because in my time here I have realized that its not easy to get even some basic ingredients of Asian food. like if I found corriender I cant find mint and if found clove then I cant find green cardamom. @Lucha54 and IAButto I will wait for your order then :). @Dublin2BuenosAires: where and how do I find this BA Underground market? @nlaruccia: I will! @Bajo_Cero2: I will remember that..

jpw - if it's not too difficult to get to, you should check out the Mercado Central and the neighborhood of Liniers to buy your cooking supplies for half price (or less) of what they cost in most of Capital!!! Just be safe when you go to Liniers, i.e. no fancy jewelry and wallet in an inside (inside, inside) pocket!

Back