D. N. I.

jedard

Registered
Hello everyone, Just thought I would tell you how wonderful it was to go through customs at EZE yesterday. Now that I have my DNI and other legal papers, I just went into the lineup for Argentines and was through in 5 minutes. No long lineups like the other tourists and expats who still live here without legal documents.
Also I got my bank account in less than 10 minutes. Oh how sweet it is and so simple to get that DNI. Anyone interested in getting one very quickly drop me a line
Life is a breeze when one has all the legal documents. I love this country, it is so wonderful. jed

How does having a DNI make any difference going through customs at EZE?

Wow - you were extremely lucky to get your DNI so quickly. Who did you pay off?
I applied for a DNI when I was in Cordoba with a student visa. Two years later, my student visa expired and they decided to stop the 'tramites'. Never got a refund or any of my paperwork back. I'll be getting my permanent residency in the coming months but after my first experience, I will never count on ever having a DNI in hand. Apparently, even the average Argentine must now wait 1-2 years, in many cases, to get their DNI. For those of you who haven't received a DNI yet and wish to open a bank account or pick up an international money transfer from a bank, you need to go to your local ANSES office and request a CUIL number for foreigners (I completely forgot what its called - it starts with a 'C').

"artlover" said:
I travel a lot more than most people. the toursit trade has picked up and thus long lineups at the airport. I tried one time to use the line for Argentines only and was told I was a tourist. Sent back to the tourist line.
Now I have my DNI and I went through the Argentine line only with no problem.
So I guess it pays to have the right papers.

"mcaffa" said:
Wow - you were extremely lucky to get your DNI so quickly. Who did you pay off?

I applied for a DNI when I was in Cordoba with a student visa. Two years later, my student visa expired and they decided to stop the 'tramites'. Never got a refund or any of my paperwork back. I'll be getting my permanent residency in the coming months but after my first experience, I will never count on ever having a DNI in hand. Apparently, even the average Argentine must now wait 1-2 years, in many cases, to get their DNI.
I am not sure where many of you get your information from. I am very sorry you and many others are having such a difficult time in getting your legal "DOCS" here.
BE advised I did not pay off anyone nor did I have to pay any exorbiant fees to get what I have. Secondly the time to get a DNI is more appropriately based on who you use as your lawyer.
And finally not everyone in BA is crooked or out to fleece you.
I have posted here before about how to get your DNI in 40 days or less. And one of the expats decided to call me a liar. Then I had my lawyer contact him and he learned that what I had written was the truth. I never did get an apology from that person but did not expect one anyhow.
If you want to know how to do t his, contact me.
I am throught trying to educate expats who insist they are always correct or everyone is crooked and you need to pay off someone.

"jedard" said:
I travel a lot more than most people. the toursit trade has picked up and thus long lineups at the airport. I tried one time to use the line for Argentines only and was told I was a tourist.  Sent back to the tourist line.
Now I have my DNI and I went through the Argentine line only with no problem.
So I guess it pays to have the right papers.

Are there separate lines for tourists and Argentines at customs (where you don't need to show your DNI or passport), or were you referring only to immigration? Also, are there different customs allowances for Argentines versus tourists?

I fully agree with Jedard . Living in Argentina full tiime without a DNI is downright mad and injurious to the health , There are some excellent lawyers in the city that can help you speed up this frustating process. Gabriel Celano is an fantastic lawyer who helped me with my DNI .
The biggest benefits to having A DNI is the much lower taxes you pay for renting out a property . Non residents pay 30 percent rental income tax on profits while DNI holders pay 10 percent .Also when you include the savings in travel . Going to Uruguay aint cheap anymore and also domestic airfares are close to half price for residents.

hi pericles, I have just arrived in Argentina with a year long visa. I went through the majority of the DNI process back in London, however after heading down the the government office in town, although I had all the paperwork, I was still told it would take 14 months to process the DNI application. Would it be possible to provide the contact details of your lawyer who helped you process your application.
Many thanks!

anybody know if I can use the argentine line at immigrations in EZE since I now have permanent residency? (still working on that DNI...around how much is it to hire a lawyer for that?)

[*]pasaporte que hay que traducir aca en Buenos Aires
[*]2 fotos 4x4 en color
[*]antecedentes penales de EEUU de los ultimos 5 anos del pais de residencia (EEUU), legalizado en el consulado argentino o con el sello apostilla de la convension de La Haya que se consigue en el misniterio de relaciones exteriores del pais de residencia (EEUU). Luego traducido aca en Bs As

[*]birth certificate (de la misma manera que los antecedentes penales)
[*]antecedentes penales en buenos aires argentina (Azopardo 620, o Tucuman 353)
[*]certificado de matrimonio legalizado en el consulado argentino en EEUU. Luego traducido aca.
[*]DNI de esposa

[*]$200 (pesos argentinos) para realizacion de tramite.
[/list]
I'm about to begin the process of obtaining my DNI. Forgive me if this has been discussed before. What is this? { con el sello apostilla de la convencion de La Haya}
I understand the rest. I know those of you who are married to Argentines have gone through this process.
Thanks

Back