Daily Url, Jan 15

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Friday, 14 January

Should women learn how to lead?[La Milonga Del 126]
My second Buenos Aires Tango adventure, Friday, April 6, 2010 - day 66 Silvina and I walked over to the Friday night 444 Cochabamba Milonga, Platonic dance partners . To our surprise, my English f...

The Indy Eye: No Hay Monedas[The Argentina Independent]
Beatrice Murch turns her lens on the interesting signage stores display to encourage people to part with their coins. Smart shoppers play dumb and don't hand them over in the hopes of gaining those p...

5 Favorite Things about Fernet[.My.Beautiful.Air.]
Argentina has many beverages to boast, from its fine wines to its bitter mate. Sometimes left out from the tourist reviews is the ubiquitous Argie bevera...

Thursday, 13 January

Ballsy Buenos Aires[Carlita's Way]
Happy new year blog readers! I had all intentions of writing this blog over the holidays and titling it “Jingle Balls”, which would have been very fitting, but things got a little crazy before my...

Argentinian founding father recast as genocidal murderer[Guardian]
Julio Argentino Roca being removed from banknotes and street names for alleged role in exterminating indigenous culture ...

Breast implants catch eye of tax agents in Argentina[Vancouver Sun]
Breast implants, a luxury cruise ship and bank robbery victims have become the latest targets of Argentine tax inspectors battling rampant evasion in the South American country...

Wednesday, 12 January

Riding the bus in Buenos Aires - One big coin-trick[argen-times]
A classic colectivo by Chevrolet. Prepay travel cards like London’s Oyster Card are still not really in full swing in Buenos Aires. The Monedero Card was introduced a ...

Shopping in Buenos Aires: Party Dresses[LandingPadBA]
For the ultimate fashionista, there is nothing more exciting than the classic cocktail party, VIP event, or store opening. Each of these fabulous occasions requires a party dress to impress ...

Tuesday, 11 January

Tea Time[The Gill Family]
Big-bellied Dawn, Kyra and my Mom One of the specific excursions that I alluded to in the Christmas in Buenos Aires post was, for me, one of the highlights of the trip.  We had a ...

Lionel Messi — Argentine Soccer’s New Messiah[Wander Argentina]
Argentina’s Lionel Messi won the 2010 Ballon D’Or, the ‘Golden Ball’ award given to the best footballer in the world over the past 12 months, yet one gets the feeling he would have...

Argentine wine - a world of discovery[argen-times]
It is probably fair to say that when thinking of wine from South America, Chile is the first country which comes to mind. Along with South Africa, Australia and California, it has been a pro...

How Bad is Crime in Buenos Aires?[Buenos Aires Tips]
Editor’s Note: I originally published this article back in 2009. Since then, I’ve received many comments and emails from both tourists and Porteños concerned about crime in the great ci...

Monday, 10 January

Germany Knew Eichmann's Hiding Place Years Before His Capture[Spiegel]
West Germany could have hunted down Adolf Eichmann, the chief organizer of the Holocaust, as early as 1952, eight years before Israeli agents caught him in Buenos Aires ...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
Back