Daily Url, Jan 18

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Saturday, 16 January

Volkswagen Triumph in the Dakar Rally[The Argentimes]
Saturday 16th January, Spaniard, Carlos Sainz, claimed his first Dakar Rally victory after finishing second in the 14th and final stage. The former world rally champion finished the race 2min 12sec ah...

Friday, 15 January

Weekend fun - gracias al gobierno[Beatrice M's blog]
Buenos Aires Playa , originally uploaded by blmurch . Many Porteños' opinion of Macri (Mayor of Buenos Aires) is not very high. A lot of people find his political tactics heavy handed. Som...

Congress-Kirchner-Central Bank Standoff[The Argentimes]
The standoff continues between Argentine president Cristina Fernández de Kirchner, central bank president Martin Redrado and Congress over the removal of US$6.6bn of the bank’s reserves to pay debts i...

I Take The Lead, The Lead Takes Me[One Month In Buenos Aires]
I can’t sleep through the night anymore. No, I’m not going to milongas; I’m learning how to lead tango. Now that I have some control over the dance I am being controlled by the musi...

Adjusting to Living in Buenos Aires, Part II[LandingPadBA]
I love living in Buenos Aires for many reasons, most of them being the little differences you experience here. If you are living in an apartment for your stay here in Buenos Aires there are a few thin...

Thursday, 14 January

A Really Bad Day in Argentina[Romancing Argentina]
Tuesday was a really bad day in Argentina. At least for me. I mean REALLY bad. The sad, the absurd, and the scary between breakfast and dinner. It really made me want to get on a plane...

Maradona Earring Sold at Auction[The Argentimes]
A diamond earring which once belonged to Diego Maradona has sold for €25,000 at auction to help pay off the football legend's mammoth Italian tax bill. Argentina's national team coach owes the tax aut...

Verduleria - Medium Format 1[Buenos Aires Photographer - Big Pics of BA]
So about two months ago I relaunched my personal website, www.thomaslockehobbs.com, to show off some portfolios of work I'd taken around Buenos Aires, mostly shot on medium format cameras [a Mami...

Small Town[The Buenos Aires Life]
Yesterday on the way home from work two boys got on my bus. I remember them because they were both holding stacks of hot pink brochures, probably for a "massage parlor" or something equally enticing,...

Why Maradona Should Not Coach[GoodAirs: More than a bad translation of "Buenos Aires"]
Fine, I'll state the obvious. Maradona should not coach the Argentine national squad. Nor any other squad, really. And not just because he's a bad coach whose weird moves almost got Argentina elimi...

Miz Boom Boom Finds Her Argie Son[A Broad in Buenos Aires]
So I hired a taxi dancer named Louis on the recommendation of a fellow tango dancer. Louis turned out to be very young, handsome and enthusiastic. However, our age difference warranted some kind of st...

Surf’s Up: City Government Brings The Beach to BA[InvestBA]
The “Playas Porteñas” debuted last summer and almost 300,000 residents took advantage of the urban beaches ...

Buenos Aires Jazz Festival 2009: Growing Into a Tradition[allaboutjazz.com]
...there is a movement afoot to bring great jazz to the land, expand the audience for the music, and increase public exposure...

Wednesday, 13 January

54 Bars: Bar Británico[The Argentimes]
Bar Británico is an iconic bar in San Telmo, with a number of films like 'Motorcycle Diaries' and 'Tetra' (the latest Francis Ford Coppola film) having scenes shot in the bar in the quest of authentic...

54 Bars: El Coleccionista[The Argentimes]
In the middle of the 1950s, 12 friends obsessed by the competitive fury of stamp acquisition and study began gathering at a bar in Caballito to exchange, compare collections and drink much-needed cups...

Tuesday, 12 January

Angels[Sallycat's Adventures]
It’d be nice if this place in Palermo Chico, Buenos Aires, really offered up angelic saviours to go. I did look for a sign in the window: Guardian angels for all dilemmas: wise decision...

Sandro has left the building....[As Belgrano Byrnes...]
Roberto Sanchez, better known as "Sandro" died on Jan. 4th from complications from heart and lung transplant surgery. He was one of Latin America's most beloved singers, known for his hip-shaking...

Pest Control[One Month In Buenos Aires]
We don’t have rats in Alberta. Over 50 years ago the provincial government waged war at the border to keep out rats traveling from the east where they disembarked European ships after WWII. I s...

Las Cañitas, 24th Floor[Buenos Aires Photographer - Big Pics of BA]
I don't live in this apartment but I sure wish I did for the view. This is in Las Cañitas looking northwards. See also Night in Las Cañitas , another view from the same apartment taken with a muc...

Dakar Rally 2010[boston.com]
Collected here are several photographs from the first 8 stages of this year's rally. (37 photos total)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
Back