Daily URL - January 13th

webteam

Administrator
Friday, 13 January 2012

24 hidden destinations in Argentina[Argentina Look] Argentina is very vast and has many places that are unknown even to the local travelers, they are hidden places that unique and incredible, some very difficult to reach. In this post I wanted to show...

VIDEO: Sumo in Argentina[The Argentina Independent]
Blanka Hay looks at how the Argentine Sumo Association is encouraging young and old to participate in sumo wrestling, a sport that was introduced to Argentina by a Japanese colony more than 80 years...

Weekly News Roundup, January 13th.[The Argentina Independent] Share/BookmarkIt’s Friday again! And you’re still on vacation mode, so you don’t care much about anything, do you. You’re like “January is a slow month, man” and stuff. Chances are you’re not even...

National Holidays in Argentina for 2012[Buenos Aires 4U] Find out Argentina's 2012 holidays (Source: GatewayToLA)National holidays in Argentina have increased this year due to President Cristina Kirchner’s promise of giving more holidays to the...

Argentina Thanks Mercosur Over Falklands Blockade, Again[The Argentina Independent] Share/BookmarkArgentina has expressed its satisfaction with fellow Mercosur member countries’ decision, for a second time, to block Falklands-flagged vessels from entering their ports. Mercosur...

Music for the Weekend: Carlos “La Mona” Jiménez[The Argentina Independent] This week's Music for the Weekend introduces you to Carlos 'La Mona' Jiménez, a hugely popular and hugely energetic solo artist whose 80 albums and 45 year career have helped to cement him as an icon...

Under Clear Skies, LAN, Aerolineas Resume Daily Flights to Bariloche Today[InvestBA] The New Year is getting off to a good start for the region of Argentina that probably deserves it the most. After a dismal 2011 tourist season caused by the ash clouds from a Chilean volcano, the...

Thursday, 12 January 2012

Open Air Buenos Aires Breathes Culture[Buenos Aires 4U] Milongas in La Boca (Source: Gobierno de la Ciudad de Buenos Aires) Buenos Aires is beginning 2012 with an incredible calendar of cultural activities. The Ministry of Culture and the Government of...

Unemployment in Latin America at its Lowest Since the 90s[The Argentina Independent] Share/BookmarkUnemployment in Latin America fell to 6.8% in 2011, marking its lowest level since the mid-nineties, according to the International Labour Organisation (ILO). The decrease in...

El rincón cultural – Get in line![Rabner in Argentina] Argentinians are a very interesting, delightful people. After almost 5 months here (tomorrow will be 5 months) I have gained a strong affinity for the culture overall through living and breathing it...
http://investba.com/2012/01/slima-argentina-named-worlds-emerging-tourism-destinations/
Top Baby Names in Buenos Aires for 2011[Seashells and Sunflowers] The results are in! According to the civil registries in both the city and province of Buenos Aires, Argentina, the following baby names were selected by parents more than any others in the year...

Wednesday, 11 January 2012

Chinese New Year's celebration in Belgrano[BA Travel Guide] The Chinese New Year 4710 will be celebrated at the Chinese Quarter and for the first time also at Barrancas de Belgrano. On this occasion, to mark the Year of the Dragon, a special two-day...

http://investba.com/2012/01/investba-presents-argentinas-top-10-wine-export-markets/Restaurant Discounts During Tour Gourmet Buenos Aires[Discover Buenos Aires] Posted in FoodLa Panza Porteña points out some great Buenos Aires dining offers that include discounts of up to 50% off at select restaurants during Tour Gourmet Buenos Aires 2012 which runs through...

Tuesday, 10 January 2012

Buenos Aires in January, A Secret Best Kept from the Argentines[.My.Beautiful.Air.] I love Buenos Aires every month, but the summer vacation onda of January makes for thirty-one days of pleasure and delight. January in Buenos Aires is a secret bliss, and a Yanqui’s paradise. The...

El rincón idiomático – Ropa argentina[Rabner in Argentina] I must say that having been in Argentina for almost 5 months now and doing quite a bit of Spanish-speaking and people watching here, I think I definitely have a sense of people and clothes- what they...

Buenos Aires Shopping Guide: Shop Like A Porteño[Gringo in BA] Palermo is is the most trendy part of Buenos Aires, so you can expect the shopping to be quite good. Full of boutiques shop and name brands catering to men and women alike, the streets of Palermo...

Monday, 09 January 2012

General Buenos Aires Shopping Guide[LandingPadBA] When I travel to a foreign country, the first thing I like to do is shop. Museums, theater, well…they can wait. Buenos Aires is the perfect place for the shopaholic, but if you’re new to the city or...

Summer 2012: Free cultural activities in Buenos Aires[BA Travel Guide] The government of the City ofBuenos Aires presents a program of cultural activities that starts next Saturday, January 14th, 2012, consisting on over 100 free events, including:musical shows,...

Friday, 06 January 2012

Buenos Aires Subway Ticket Price More Than Doubles[Argentine Post] Subway ticket prices more than doubled today to 2.50 pesos (58 US cents) from 1.10 previously. The increase comes just days after the federal government turned over management of the subway system...

Wednesday, 04 January 2012

The Mysterious Language of the Tango Milonga[Spotlight Buenos Aires] There is also a curious language between the men and women that frequent the milonga tango halls of Buenos Aires, Argentina. We spotlight the protocols and various facial expressions, hand gestures...
http://investba.com/2012/01/wendys-return-buenos-aires-argentina-burger-wars/
Soccer games in Buenos Aires 2012[LandingPadBA] Here is a list of soccer matches we will have tickets to for the 2012 Clausura tournament. The main teams’ home games we will be attending are Boca Juniors, Independiente and River Plate. We will...

Monday, 02 January 2012

Dakar in Argentina…[Katti99] Dakar, formerly known as Paris-Dakar, is a off-road rally for cars, trucks, ATV’s and motorcycles. Originally it went from Paris to Dakar, but in 2009, after security problems in Africa they moved...

Investing in 2012: Barrio Bargain Hunting for Buenos Aires Real Estate[InvestBA] A new year means new opportunities, and we welcome 2012 with a fresh look at 10 Buenos Aires neighborhoods where you may get more bang for your buck, pound or real. The slideshow above is a...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
Back