Daily Url, July 12

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Monday, 12 July

‘Agotado’ – Annoyances of Buenos Aires[LandingPadBA]
Despite my fairly limited travels outside of the Americas, I can safely say that there is no other city on this planet that I would prefer to call home than Buenos Aires. As a bachelor in my mid-20s,...

Wittiest Review of Argentine Cuisine Anyone Will Ever Write[Romancing Argentina]
If you want straight facts and great photos of Argentine cuisine, the sensible alternative is the wikipedia article (click here ), where you'll learn that Argentinians used to consume an average...

Partying in BA. Do you have what it takes?[Wandering Trader]
If you want straight facts and great photos of Argentine cuisine, the sensible alternative is the wikipedia article (click here ), where you'll learn that Argentinians used to consume an average...

Total eclipse of the Sun[SpaceWeather]
Eclipse-chaser Janne Pyykkö sends this picture from a hill overlooking Lago Argentino in Patagonia, Argentina ...

Sunday, 11 July

Expert says Argentine Coffee Needs to Up Its Game[The Argentine Post]
In Buenos Aires, the party doesn’t begin until 2am and it certainly doesn’t end until after the sun comes up. Being the 10th largest city in the world you can find anything that you like: hip hop and break dancing ...

Friday, 09 July

BA Live – Radio in English on Thursday Nights[Wander Argentina]
Feeling out of the Buenos Aires loop? Wish you could listen to music that’s actually cutting edge and not churned up 80’s pop? With chats in English, tips about what to do and where to go in ...

Melodies of Mediodía[The Argentimes]
In the city where nothing seems to stay the same and Tango reigns supreme, the regular ‘Conciertos del Mediodía’ have accomplished the impossible in running for five decades straight. The 16 yearly co...

Artists’ Paradise[The Argentimes]
San Telmo is full of art. It has a distinct presence, visible in the old European architecture, in the form of tango in the plazas, and at the feria every Sunday. It also lives at 736 Carlos Calvo.

No Means Maybe[LandingPadBA]
The Porteño colloquial and the language of love (a brief introduction) It’s true. Porteños hold a different attitude toward the spoken word. This is a city where common phrases including, “I’ll call y...

Wednesday, 07 July

The Buses of Buenos Aires[Wander Argentina]
The buses of Buenos Aires are like old men in a bar – loud, smoky, rough around the edges, but dependably, they always show up –usually sooner rather than later. The buses, called colectivos ...

Expat Tech: Increasing Slow Network Speed and Performance in Buenos Aires[Discover Buenos Aires]
After recently arriving back to Buenos Aires from a trip to the States, I was immediately struck (again) by just how much slower the Internet connections are in Argentina. My connection in the Sta...

“Let them eat fish!”[Romancing Argentina]
“Where’s the beef?” is fast becoming “Where’s the fish?” here in Argentina. As with other residents in the land of gauchos and cheap malbec, Roberto and I are eating a lot more seafood the...

La Bomba is the Bomb[Oasis Collections]
La Bomba de Tiempo is a show many have heard of here in Buenos Aires, and yet like so many events and spectacles one can never truly prepare themselves for what they have ahead of them.

Tuesday, 06 July

What do you think about the new coastal highway?[The Argentimes]
The suburbs of Vicente López and San Isidro – located north of the capital on the Río de la Plata – will soon receive a facelift - and the $2.75bn urban development project will destroy Paseo de la Co...

Exposición Rural 2010: 124th Exhibition of Cattle Breeding, Agriculture, and International Industry[My Buenos Aires Travel Guide]
The traditional Livestock and Agriculture Exhibition ("La Rural"), held every year in Buenos Aires for over a century, is one of the most important of its kind worldwide, bringing together more...

Community Outrage at Coastal Highway Plans[The Argentimes]
More than ten demonstrators have been injured in recent weeks during violent clashes with the police in protest of the construction of a coastal highway. The road is part of an urbanization project in...

Walter Malosetti: Argentine Jazz Maestro[The Argentimes]
“Walter, he's the Piazzolla of Argentine jazz!” This is how an organiser of the 'Jazz Al Fin' Festival in Ushuaía recently characterised Walter Malosetti to an unenlightened reporter.

Stressed out Argentines get modern take on siesta[Washington Post]
The once-cherished afternoon siesta is a thing of the past for most residents of Argentina's bustling capital Buenos Aires. But things might be about to change.

Monday, 05 July

Parque Lezama at Dawn[Buenos Aires Photographer - Big Pics of BA]
Parque Lezama on Avenida Brasil, at the southern end of San Telmo, is, despite its shoddy upkeep, one of the most beautiful parks in the city. If you're in San Telmo for the fair, it's worth ventu...

Sunday, 04 July

Presidential Backbone – 3rd Vertebra[SaltShaker]
Continuing along Av. Rivadavia, the “spine of Buenos Aires” from where we left off in Congreso , to the next good stopping point, at Plaza Miserere …. Most of this section is ve...

2nd International Fair for record collectors in Buenos Aires[My Buenos Aires Travel Guide]
The 2nd International Record Fair of Buenos Aires (2da Feria Internacional de Coleccionismo Discografico) will take place on July 16, 17, and 18, 2010, at the Pavilion 4 of Costa Salguero Exh...

Top 10 Pros and Cons to Dating an Argentine Boy[GIC Argentina]
While this city is certainly not lacking in material, those charming Porteño boys are far from perfect. Based on experiences from former program participants, the female staff of ...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
admin Daily URL 0
Back