Daily Url, July 28

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Monday, 27 July

The National Museum of Decorative Arts to host "Treasures from the Louvre. Houdon's Sculptures"[My Buenos Aires Travel Guide]
The National Museum of Decorative Arts , with the exceptional participation of The Louvre Museum and the support of the French Embassy in Argentina presents the exhibition "Treasures from the Louvre...

Bricked up in Barracas[Buenos Aires Photographer - High Res Images of Buenos Aires]
It's common to fill-in the windows with bricks or cinder blocks when they're not occupied to prevent squatters, who can be hard to evict because of Argentine law. What surprised me about this buil...

Sunday, 26 July

Argentina's first couple deliver prosperity – for themselves[Guardian (UK)]
They were elected on the promise of delivering prosperity to Argentina, but statistics showing a stunning economic turnaround have come with a catch...

Friday, 24 July

Puma Urban Art 2009 - Street art exhibition[My Buenos Aires Travel Guide]
Puma Urban Art 2009 is the meeting point for the best national and international urban artists. An original event, dedicated to contemporary art and the new trends on street art around the world. T...

La Salamandra Versus Mark’s Deli[micheleandtom.com]
While Mark’s Deli in Palermo Viejo is an institution, I implore you, if you’re in the neighborhood, skip those misbegotten sandwiches and head over to the dulce de leche/mozzarella bar in...

Thursday, 23 July

Football Soccer in Buenos Aires - Calendar of matches "Torneo Apertura 2009"[My Buenos Aires Travel Guide]
The fixture of football (soccer) matches in Buenos Aires for the second half of the year 2009 has been announced. It comprises the matches in the National "Torneo Apertura 2009" , and the Qualifying...

The city that never sleeps[The Life Less Travelled]
I'm back in Buenos Aires, where almost anything can be home-delivered. Alcohol, fast food, ice-cream, facturas (pastries) can all be arranged to your door with a phone-call. There really is so muc...

Mission Impossible: Bank Financing[Investing and Doing Business in Argentina]
If you're thinking about starting-up a new business in Argentina, you can pretty much forget about bank financing. There is no credit available unless you qualify for a special government-subsidized p...

Wednesday, 22 July

Ecuador Head Denies FARC Allegations[The Argentimes]
Ecuador's president, Rafael Correa, has said that he never received financial aid from FARC, the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia. On 17th July, the Associated Press reported a leaked video show...

Urban Spaces in La Boca[The Argentimes]
Right next to the colorful, lively avenue Caminito in La Boca stands Fundación Proa, one of Buenos Aires’s most modern and serene art galleries, which is now hosting the exhibit Urban Spaces, a collab...

Outlook Grim for Argentine Economy[The Argentimes]
Argentina will have a budget deficit for the first time since 2002 which will increase the possibility of default as stagnating tax revenues fail to meet spending demands, writes Morgan Stanley econom...

The Killers To Play BA November 27[The Argentine Post]
The (outlandishly excellent) alternative rock band The Killers will play Buenos Aires on Friday, Nov. 27th, according to the group’s website.

Uncertainty: The Only Certainty In Argentina Business[Investing and Doing Business in Argentina]
Doing business in Argentina means living with uncertainty. Due to the foibles of each government, long-term planning isn't really possible and one could even say shouldn't be attempted. Anyone initiat...

Tuesday, 21 July

New Rules For Transferring Money Into The Country[Investing and Doing Business in Argentina]
For independent businesspeople bringing their own funds into the country, there are new Central Bank rules that should simplify the process for smaller transfers. When bringing funds into the country,...

Friends[Sallycat's Adventures]
I won’t dance milonga with anyone else while you are away.* I promise. I will wait for you to come back!
That had me laughing as I made my reluctant loop around the tables to say farewell to ...

Monday, 20 July

Swine Flu Blamed For Pushing Pirated DVD Sales[The Argentine Post]
Swine Flu isn’t just a threat to your health, it’s a threat to the legal music and movie industry.
That, at least, is the claim being made by local business associations and intellectual.....

Tranqui Yanqui Fashion Show[Buenos Aires Photographer - High Res Images of Buenos Aires]
Images from Saturday night's Fashion show by American performance artist Tranqui Yanqui . He creates illustrations, objects and clothes mixing up iconography of hi...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
admin Daily URL 0
Back