Daily Url, Mar 28

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Monday, 28 March

La fiesta de quince - The 15th birthday party[argen-times]
For girls in the US it’s a sweet sixteen party, for those in the UK it’s probably two or three bottles of Vodka Absolut while larging it about town on the night of their eighteenth. Every part...

Nuestros Caballos 2011 (Our Horses 2011) Equestrian Exhibition[My Buenos Aires Travel Guide]
"Nuestros Caballos 2011" (Our Horses 2011), the most important equestrian exhibition in Latin America, will be held at La Rural Exhibition Center from April 5 to April 10, 2011 , with equestri...

Average BA Salary Would Buy 5SF Apartment[InvestBA.com]
A new report from the Economics Institute at the Universidad Argentina de la Empresa (UADE) suggests the average salary in Buenos Aires is enough to buy five square feet of a new construction apartmen...

Massive Blockings to La Nación and Clarín[The Argentina Independent]
Yesterday, graphic employees and Teamsters unionists blocked the headquarters of the two most read dailies in the country, La Nación and Clarín, for almost 12 hours. The demonstration resulted in Clar...

La Salada: The Largest Informal Market In South America[Forbes.com]
It is international and run by immigrants and locals. It is a product of the brutal neoliberal policies implemented in Argentina by former President Carlos Menem in the 1990s...

Sunday, 27 March

Noche en Vela[Why on earth did I move to Argentina?]
With the "Noche en Vela" Macri has certainly surpassed himself. He (well, the Ministerio de Cultura de la ciudad de Buenos Aires) took an example to the ‘Nuit Blanche’ in Paris, and organised a full ...

Saturday, 26 March

Confessions of a moneda troll[La Milonga Del 126]
If you are a Tango tourist on a one or two week vacation in Buenos Aires, you probably won't need to ride the colectivos to save a few dollars, but if you plan to stay for a couple of months, saving t...

Buenos Aires Metrobus Arrives in May[InvestBA.com]
Months after the launch of Mejor en Bici, Buenos Aires is two months away from taking a major step forward in public transportation. The Metrobus, a dedicated two-lane bus corridor intended to expedit...

Placido Domingo[Why on earth did I move to Argentina?]
However bad this country may be, economicly or politicily (well everyone seems to be complaining all the time), there is defenitely one good thing about it ; and that is the way organise cultur...

Friday, 25 March

A Message From The President[.My.Beautiful.Air.]
No comment. I’ll let her speak for herself. Thanks James for this link.

The Indy Eye: Día de la Memoria[The Argentina Independent]
Thursday 24th March saw the 35th anniversary of the military coup that plunged Argentina into its last dictatorship (1976-83). A selection of photos from the annual march for memory and justice are th...

Thursday, 24 March

"Maman" in PROA[Why on earth did I move to Argentina?]
Maman is probably one of the most famous sculptures of today. It is a gigantic spider in bronze which carries marble eggs, made by Louise Bourgeois (1911-2010). This is without any doubt her most fam...

Tuesday, 22 March

Photo Post: Covering-up Choripan Inflation[The Argentine Post]
By Katia Porzecanski There’s a great deal of irony at play in the way this business is covering up older prices to reveal its newer, higher price. Despite the government’s best efforts to cover....

Buenos Aires Legal Advice, Busted! Part 1[LandingPadBA]
Most travelers are in search of fun and adventure while traveling throughout Argentina. But what are you to do if your adventures lead to a sticky legal situation? We sat down with Dr. Gastón M. Maran...

Monday, 21 March

Festivales Musicales de Buenos Aires presents its 2011 program of concerts[My Buenos Aires Travel Guide]
Festivales Musicales de Buenos Aires, the 30-year old non-profit organization with the aim of spreading music in its highest artistic expressions, presents the Festival 2011: “Art and virtuosi...

Sunday, 20 March

Teatro Colón 2011 Season - Update[My Buenos Aires Travel Guide]
March 20th, 2011 Due to a conflict between the workers' union and the management of the theater, the 2011 season at Teatro Colon is suffering cancellations and changes in the original schedule. ...

Jewish Argentina[Wander Argentina]
A trip to McDonald’s may not be the first item on a Jewish traveler’s to-do list when arriving in a new city. But there is something special about Buenos Aires: it is home to the only...

Saturday, 19 March

1940s Buenos Aires from Above[Gringo Starr]
I’ll tell anyone that listens that the best map of Buenos Aires is the Interactive Map on the Buenos Aires City Government site. With it you can easily find any street address and for plannin...

Want Something from Abroad? Hire a Mule![The Argentine Post]
Have you ever wanted something that you just couldn’t find in Argentina? Ever been jonesing for some pancake mix or syrup or some cool item like an iPad 2, a Zoom microphone or a Canon EF 55mm.....

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
Back